Share with your network
JSPL (Jindal Steel and Power Ltd) has bagged an order of 2,308 tonne Head Hardened Rails (HHR) from Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation (KMRC), a company official said. These special rails are manufactured using the head hardening technology to bear around 50% higher pressure compared to normal rails.
- Head hardened rails are used in high-speed freight corridors and metro rail projects.
- JSPL Managing Director V R Sharma said,”We have got an order of 2,308 tonne head hardened rails of 1080 HH grade from KMRC. The Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO) (under Ministry of Railways) has also given its approval for manufacturing and supply of 60E1 grade and 1080 HH grade head hardened rail.”
- Mr. Sharma said the order will be supplied once the situation stabilises post lockdown.
- This is the first ever domestic order for head hardened rails bagged by any Indian company.
- About the impact of lockdown on the company’s operations, he said JSPL had some export orders and it is fulfilling them at the moment.
- He said,”The market is down in India, the demand for steel has been affected. We had taken orders from out side India and we are supplying these orders to countries like Vietnam, Saudi Arab, Thailand and Europe. Our production levels are also maintained.”
- JSPL is the only player in the country manufacturing head hardened rails.
- The company’s rail mill at its Raigarh plant has capacity of producing over 30,000 tonne of head hardened rail per month.
Be the first to comment