Share with your network
Rail Infrastructure Development Company (Karnataka) Limited (K-RIDE) has invited Bids from eligible Bids, for Yesvantpur – Channasandra Doubling Project: Construction of station/service buildings, platforms, PF shelters, FOBs and other miscellaneous works between Yesvantpur to Baiyyappanahalli “A” cabin in Bangalore division of South Western Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: K-RIDE/DL/05/2023
- Name of Work: Yesvantpur – Channasandra Doubling Project: Construction of station/service buildings, platforms, PF shelters, FOBs and other miscellaneous works between Yesvantpur to Baiyyappanahalli “A” cabin in Bangalore division of South Western Railway.
- Approx. Cost of Work: INR 35.04 Crore
- EMD: INR 35,04,401 Lakh
- Period of Work: 15 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 02nd February, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 24th February, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 02nd February, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 24th February, 2023
- Tender Opening Date: 24th February, 2023
Scope of Work:
- The proposed work is in connection with Doubling of track between Yesvantpur – Baiyappanahalli in Bangalore Division of South Western Railway.
- Construction of Station Building at Hebbal, Banaswadi.
- Construction of S&T Buildings (08 nos.) at Yesvantpur, Lotegolahalli, Baiyappanahalli ‘A’ cabin, IBs at different locations etc.
- Construction of new platforms/Extension of platform at Hebbal, and extension of PF-1 at Banasawadi , retaining walls at Hebbal yard, Central yard drain at Hebbal yard
- Construction of FOB at Hebbal and Banasawadi station.
- Dismantling/demolition of buildings, platforms etc.
- Circulating area development, Other miscellaneous Passenger amenities works including Platform shelters at Hebbal and Banasawadi.
- Supply, Fabrication, assembling and Erection of Open Web Steel Girders/Plate Girders and Composite Plate Girders for Railway Bridges (as per IR loading) and Bow String Steel Girders/ Composite Plate Girders (as per IRC loading) of specified span(s) as mentioned in GAD including erection and launching (with or without power and traffic power blocks, as applicable) for Rail/ Road under Bridges (RUBs.)
- Providing and fixing in position standard fixed type POT bearing, free sliding type POT cum PTFE bearings, Spherical bearings as per approved drawings including designs of bearings wherever required.
- Preparation of temporary Arrangement Drawings (TAD), Launching Scheme, Fabrication/Detailed Shop Drawings including drawing office dispatch lists (DODL) , and other documentation as required by Railway.
- Preparation of Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) for super-structure including bearings.
- Other miscellaneous works as listed in Schedules / GCC/ SCC.
- The contractors/agencies and officials associated with fabrication work should have thorough understanding of both the codes under para 1.2 (i & ii). However, the “GUIDELINES ON FABRICATION OF STEEL GIRDERS FOR CONSTRUCTION/FIELD ENGINEERS BS -110”, help the field engineers associated with execution of the fabrication work through trade and cover various aspects which require close attention of the field engineers for ensuring quality of the fabrication work.
- These guidelines are just to facilitate and not to supersede the two codes specified in para 1.2((i) &(ii) above. All engineers associated with fabrication are advised to understand the provision of IRS B1-2001 and Welded Bridge Code and take help from guidelines specified in para 1.2 (iii) above.
- Tenderers are requested to inspect the site and carry out careful examinations to satisfy them as to the nature of work involved and facilities available at the site. They should note carefully all the existing structures and those under construction through other agencies.
- They should also study the suitability of utilising the different equipment and the machinery that they intend to use for the execution of the work. The tenderer should also select suitable sites for the purpose of locating their store yard, laboratory, staff quarters etc., and satisfy themselves with regard to the feasibility of transporting the trusses from the yard to the final site of placement etc.
Brief Design Data:
- Steel Girders of Track Carrying Bridges are designed for 25 T/32.5T axle loading as per Indian Railway Bridge Rules and Standard Specifications.
- The composite girders of road carrying bridges are designed as per code of practice for Road bridges.
- All panel joints are designed for vertical and transverse forces including secondary moments.
- The structure shall be fabricated to camber as per Steel Bridge Code and as provided in the approved drawings.
- The deflection of the girder is expected not to exceed the values as given in the approved drawing.
- All members of the girder and joints are to be either riveted or welded or bolted as shown in the approved structural drawing.
- No welding except where approved by the Engineer is to be carried out at site. All welding/riveting/bolting are to be carried out as per relevant IRS Specifications.
- The materials as well as execution of works shall be confirming to the following specifications and codes of practice (Latest Revision of the Specification /Codes & upto date correction slips to be referred).
Similar work is defined as below:
- Any Civil Engineering work involving construction of station building/Railway platform and structural steel fabrications work. The contract is considered as completed if 90% or more of the work is physically completed which is to be substantiated by a certificate from the Employer who has awarded the contract to the Bidder and the contract amount so received should be equal to or more than the minimum value as per eligibility criteria 3.2 (b).
- For completed works, the value of work done shall be updated to FY 2021-22 price level assuming 10% inflation for Indian rupees every year. Credentials if submitted in foreign currency shall be converted into Indian currency i.e., Indian Rupee as under: Bids will be compared in Indian Rupees only.
- This will be achieved by conversion of the Foreign Currency portion of the Bid into Indian Rupees by using the Exchange Rates published by Financial Benchmarks India Pvt. Ltd. 28 (twenty-eight) days before the latest date of Bid submittal, and then adding the same to the Indian Rupee portion of the Bid.
- In case this particular day happens to be a holiday, the exchange rate published by Financial Benchmarks India Pvt. Ltd (www.fbil.org.in) on the next working day will be considered.
- In case of JV/Consortium, full value of the work, if done by the same JV shall be considered. However, if qualifying work (s) done by them in a JV/Consortium having different constituents, then the value of work as per their percentage participation in such JV/Consortium shall be considered.
The complete documents can be downloaded from https://eproc.karnataka.gov.in
Source: K-RIDE- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Western Railway
Be the first to comment