In continuation to tender for supply of Signage and Graphics for elevated and underground stations, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) has now invited proposals for the contract KNPAGO&M-01: Consultancy services for Outsourcing of Trains Operation, Maintenance of Rolling Stock & Signalling System, and Last Mile Connectivity for Kanpur & Agra Metro Rail Projects.
- Contract Period: 06 Months (Approx)
- Bid Security: INR 05 Lakh
- Pre Bid Meeting: 18.11.2020
- Last Date of seeking clarification: 18.11.2020
- Date of Submission deadline for proposal: 10.12.2020
Instructions to Consultants:
The Metro rail project at Kanpur & Agra are under construction stage at present.
The services shall include tender packaging, preparation and finalization of tender documents, after evolving and assessing the current O&M Strategy and operating model for existing Indian Metro including global benchmarking of the O&M Models adopted by various metro systems to understand O&M and commercial best practices, to design the right O&M Outsourcing Strategy for Kanpur and Agra Metro, assessment of cost model and development of cost model, to design governance model and risk management by defining KPIs and metrics for O&M, developing a communication plan to reach out to key stakeholders to get inputs for O&M outsourcing scope and to understand the potential capabilities of bidders, developing the detailed terms of reference including scope of work, deliverables, defining the concessionaires selection criteria (Technical & Financial) and timelines for O&M outsourcing, designing and benchmarking of last mile connectivity for Kanpur and Agra Metro daily exercising utmost cost control measures in entire bidding process.
- Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC), a 50:50 jointly owned Company of Government of India and Government of Uttar Pradesh has been reconstituted as per the approval of the Government as single SPV by rechristening it as “Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (UPMRC)” for implementation of Metro Rail projects in various important cities in the State of Uttar Pradesh and has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementation and operation of the rail based Mass Rapid Transit System (Metro) in Kanpur and Agra cities where Metro projects have been recently approved by Government of India.
- UPMRC has now invited proposals to provide the Consultancy Services for selection of Agency for (i) Outsourcing of Operation of Trains by providing Train Operators and Maintenance of Rolling Stock & Signaling System and (ii) improvement in Last Mile Connectivity for UPMRCL Metro Rail Projects in Kanpur & Agra Projects.
- The projects shall be financed through equity contribution from Govt. of Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Govt. of India (GOI) and a soft loan from International Funding Institutions.
- The Tenderer(s)/Applicants may be a single entity, JV or a Consortium. In case of a JV/consortium the number of partners shall be limited to 2 (two) and each partner must have minimum 26% partnership. The JV/Consortium as a whole must satisfy both Technical and Financial Eligibility criteria but the Each Member of consortium shall be jointly and severally responsible. A member of the JV/Consortium, which participates in more than one proposal, will cause all the proposals in which the member has participated to be disqualified.
- After shortlisting process, a consultant shall be selected under QCBS (Quality cum Cost Based Selection) process with 80% and 20% weights for Technical Proposal and Financial Proposal respectively.
Authority and place for purchase of tender documents, seeking clarifications and submission of completed tender documents:
Chief Engineer/ Contract, Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation, Administrative Building, Vipin Khand, Gomti Nagar, Near Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Sthal, Lucknow-226010, Uttar Pradesh, India Email: email@example.com.
Source: UPMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): UPMRC