In continuation to tender for supply of Fully Automatic Train Washing Plants for Kanpur and Agra Metro Depots, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) Ltd. has now invited open tenders for the work of Kanpur & Agra Metro Rail Project, “Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Heavy Duty Machine Room Less Elevators including Maintenance of 02 (two) Years during Defect Liability Period (DLP) and 01 (one) year comprehensive Annual Maintenance beyond DLP Period for Kanpur (Corridor I & II) & Agra (Corridor-I) Mass Rapid Transport System Project Phase-I under the Contract KNPAGE-03”.
- Approximate cost of work: INR 67 Crores
- Tender Security amount: INR 67 Lakhs
- Completion period of the Work:36 Months
- Tender documents on sale: From 17.09.2020 to 08.10.2020
- Pre-bid Meeting: 12.10.2020
- Date & time of Submission of Tender: 03.11.2020
- Date & time of opening of Tender: 03.11.2020
Pre Qualification Criteria:
- The tenders for this contract will be considered only from those tenderers (proprietorship firms, partnerships firms, companies, corporations) who meet requisite eligibility criteria prescribed in the sub-clauses of clause 1.1.4 of NIT. Joint Ventures and consortiums are allowed to participate in the tender only if tenderer is an Indian bidder having licence/technology collaboration agreement with a foreign manufacturer for phased indigenization as per clause 188.8.131.52 (xiii) of NIT. In that case of a JV/Consortium: all partners shall be jointly and severally liable for the execution of the Contract in accordance with the Contract terms; and the JV/Consortium shall nominate a Representative who shall have the authority to conduct all business for and on behalf of any and all the partners of the JV/Consortium during the tendering process and, in the event the JV/Consortium is awarded the Contract, during contract execution.
- A tenderer shall submit only one bid in the same tendering process. A tenderer who submits or participates in, more than one bid will cause all of the proposals in which the tenderer has participated to be disqualified. No tenderer can be a subcontractor while submitting a bid in the same bidding process.
- A tenderer shall not have a conflict of interest. All Tenderers found to have a conflict of interest shall be disqualified. A Tenderer may be considered to have a conflict of interest with one or more parties in this tendering process, if:
- A tenderer has been engaged by the Employer to provide consulting services for the preparation related to procurement for or implementation of the project;
- A tenderer is any associates/affiliates (inclusive of parent firms) mentioned in subparagraph (a) above; or
- A tenderer and all partners constituting the Tenderer lends, or temporarily seconds its personnel to firms or organizations which are engaged in consulting services for the preparation related to procurement for or implementation of the project, if the personnel would be involved in any capacity on the same project.
- The impartial and objective exercise of the functions of the Employer, or the respect of the principles of competition, non-discrimination or equality of treatment with regard to the procurement procedure or contract, is compromised for reasons involving family, emotional life, political or national affinity, economic interest or any other shared interest. The concept of conflict of interest covers any situation where staff members (or consultants acting on behalf) of the Employer who are involved in the conduct of the procurement procedure or may influence the outcome of that procedure have, directly or indirectly, a financial, economic or other personal interest which might be perceived to compromise their impartiality and independence in the context of the procurement procedure or contract execution.
- A Tenderer shall submit only one tender in the same tendering process, either individually as a Tenderer or as a partner of a JV/ Consortium. A Tenderer who submits or participates in, more than one tender will cause all of the proposals in which the Tenderer has participated to be disqualified. No Tenderer can be a subcontractor while submitting a tender individually or as a partner of a JV/ Consortium in the same tendering process. A Tenderer, if acting in the capacity of subcontractor in any tender, may participate in more than one tender, but only in that capacity.
- Tenderers shall provide such evidence of their continued eligibility satisfactory to the Employer, as the Employer shall reasonably request.
- A firm, who has purchased the tender document in their name, can submit the tender either as individual firm or in JV/ Consortium.
- Tenderer to note that not more than two parties have been allowed to participate in JV. All Partner must have a minimum 26% participation in the JV/Consortium. Any partner can be lead partner. Substantial Partner should have at least 26% participation, otherwise they will be termed as non-substantial partner and will not be considered for evaluation, which means that their financial soundness and work experience shall not be considered for evaluation of JV/Consortium. In case of JV/Consortium, change in constitution or percentage participation shall not be permitted at any stage after their submission of application otherwise the applicant shall be treated as non-responsive.
- A Tenderer and all partners constituting the Tenderer shall confirm Non-performance of a contract did not occur within the last two (2) years prior to the deadline for application submission based on all information on fully settled disputes or litigation (as per Annexure-7 of NIT). A fully settled dispute or litigation is one that has been resolved in accordance with the Dispute Resolution Mechanism under the respective contract and where all appeal instances available to the Applicant have been exhausted.
- GOI Guidelines/Orders: –
- The Tenderer should supply at least 50% of Plant, Materials and Services from Indian sources as per Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (Govt. of India) guidelines dtd:
- 27.07.2018 regarding minimum local content in procurement of Metro Rail Systems. Declaration for Minimum Local Content to be given by tenderer as per Annexure-4 of NIT.
- Purchase Preference to Local Suppliers/Preference to Make In India (as per GOI order dated 04.06.2020).
Authority and place for purchase of tender documents, seeking clarifications and submission of completed tender documents:
Chief Electrical Engineer/Project-II Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation, Administrative Building, Vipin Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow-226010 Email: email@example.com.
Contract will be awarded to the Tenderer whose Tender has been determined to be substantially responsive and compliant to the requirements contained in the Tender Documents and who has offered the Lowest Evaluated Reasonable Tender Price.
Source: UPMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): LMRCL