Based on general and technical evaluations of bids submitted on 07-07-2020 for tender KNPE-1&2 for “Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Receiving cum Auxiliary Main Sub Stations Including High Voltage Cabling from Grid Substations, 750 Volts DC 3rd Rail Traction System, 33kV Cable Network, ASS, TSS & SCADA System for Corridor-1 & 2 of Kanpur Metro Rail Project at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India”, following four (04) bidders have qualified for opening of their Financial package in accordance with provisions of the tender document:
- M/s. Larsen and Toubro Limited
- M/s. Siemens Limited
- SWPL — GSC JV
- KEC — Gulermak JV
In February this year, the Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) Ltd., who has been assigned to carry out interim works for Kanpur Metro Rail Project, had invited open tenders for the work, “Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Receiving cum Auxiliary Main Sub Stations Including High Voltage Cabling from Grid Substations, 750 Volts DC 3rd Rail Traction System, 33kV Cable Network, ASS, TSS & SCADA System for Corridor-1 & 2 of Kanpur Metro Rail Project at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.”
- Approximate cost of work Rs. 500.00 Crores
- Completion period of the Work: 40 months
The Tenderer should supply at least 50% of Plant, Materials and Services from Indian sources as per Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (Govt. of India) guidelines dtd:27.07.2018 regarding minimum local content in procurement of Metro Rail Systems.
Recent progress on Kanpur Metro project:
- Under the aegis of Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC), the civil works of the Kanpur Metro project are being executed at a very fast pace and now another major achievement is going to be associated with the project
- Kanpur Metro’s viaduct has started taking shape near IIT.
- As on 20.08.2020, 10 U-Girders have been erected at the viaduct of the Priority Corridor (IIT-Motijheel).
- 22 double T-girders have also been erected for the concourse of the IIT station.
- The first U-girder of the project has been erected on 12.08.2020 for the Metro viaduct on Pillar No. 17 and 18 near IIT Kanpur on the Priority Section of Kanpur Metro project.
- Total of 638 U-girders are to be laid on the 9 kms long Priority Section (IIT-Motijheel).
- Metro construction on a priority section of Kanpur Metro the project was commenced on 15th November 2019.
Source:UPMRC-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): LMRCL