Uttar Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (UPMRC) Ltd. has invited open e-tenders for the work, “Engagement of Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for Civil, Architectural and E & M Works for (a) Corridor-2 (from Agricultural University to Barra-8) of Kanpur Metro Rail Project, consisting of 4.19 Km elevated section with 04 elevated Stations & 4.41 Km underground section with 04 underground Stations and Car Maintenance Depot at Kanpur and (b) Corridor-2 (from Agra Cantt. to Kalindi Vihar) of Agra Metro Rail Project, consisting of 15.40 Km elevated section with 14 elevated Stations and Car Maintenance Depot at Agra”.
- Tender Reference Number: KNPAGDDC-01
- Name of Work: Engagement of Detailed Design Consultant (DDC) for Civil, Architectural and E & M Works for (a) Corridor-2 (from Agricultural University to Barra-8) of Kanpur Metro Rail Project, consisting of 4.19 Km elevated section with 04 elevated Stations & 4.41 Km underground section with 04 underground Stations and Car Maintenance Depot at Kanpur and (b) Corridor-2 (from Agra Cantt. to Kalindi Vihar) of Agra Metro Rail Project, consisting of 15.40 Km elevated section with 14 elevated Stations and Car Maintenance Depot at Agra.
- Approximate cost of work: INR 35.57 Crores
- Completion period of the Work: 48 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 26-Nov-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 28-Dec-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 21-Dec-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 28-Dec-2021
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 08-Dec-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 29-Dec-2021
Scope of Work:
Detailed Design Consultancy of Civil, Architectural and E&M Works for Agricultural University – Barra 8,Corridor-2 of Proposed Kanpur Metro Project, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India; Consisting of 4.19 Km Elevated Section + depot connection as per General Alignment Drawings (GADs) with 04 Elevated Stations, Ramps, 4.41 Km Underground Section with 04 Underground Stations and Car Maintenance Depot including Service Buildings and External Development Works Like Roads, Drains, Boundary Wall etc. and For Civil, Architectural and E & M Works for Agra Cantt. – Kalindi Vihar Corridor-2 of Proposed Agra Metro Project, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India; Consisting of 15.40 Km Elevated Section + depot connection as per General Alignment Drawings (GADs) with 14 Elevated Stations, ramp and Car Maintenance Depot, including Service Buildings and External Development Works Like Roads, Drains, Boundary Wall etc.
Services to be provided:
- The DDC shall perform the Services set out in this Agreement.
- These Services generally include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptual Layout planning of all 05 elevated stations at Kanpur and 15 elevated stations at Agra.
- Detailed architectural planning including type of finishes for all elevated stations including track structure within the stations and issue of GFC drawings.
- Cost effective detailed structural design of all required components of viaduct including special span wherever required and all elevated stations including track supporting structure within stations.
- Detailed design of all building services like illumination, E&M, fire suppression and fire detection, plumbing, drainage, water supply, lifts, escalators, power supply and public telephones.
- Detailed architectural and structural design of Property Development area within metro station premises (upto 3 Floors) including design of Building Services (E&M, fire Detection & suppression, Air Conditioning, main water supply, sewerage and plumbing etc. (upto outside the structure and embedded elements).
- The Property development can be integrated with stations. External architectural finishing of Property development area is also included in the Scope but internal finishes are not included.
- Detailed designs of intermodal transfer facilities for road and pedestrian traffic, landscaping, traffic management plan including design of street furniture required for smooth traffic movement on completion of the project.
- Review detailed design of horizontal and vertical alignment over and above the Pier Pegging done and drawing provided by UPMRC.
- Review of launching schemes proposed by Civil contractors.
- Preparation of Combined Services Drawing (CSD), Structural Opening Drawings (SOD), Structural-Electrical-Mechanical (SEM) drawings including review of all these drawings and updating them during construction.
- Prepare BOQs, special specifications, construction cost estimates for the associated construction contract for tendering by UPMRC and modify the cost estimate as necessary before the contract is awarded. The BOQs, special specifications, construction cost estimate is to be prepared separately for stations and for viaduct in a number of packages as decided by UPMRC so as to facilitate UPMRC to call construct only tenders in different contract packages.
- Incorporate and co-ordinate changes in its design due to system-wide interfacing with other DDC/ Contractors/ UPMRC which will be provided as per agreed schedule.
- Incorporate changes in design resulting from UPMRC design reviews which will be provided to DDC as per agreed schedule.
- Prepare necessary technical documentation presentation and assist UPMRC to obtain necessary planning and other required approvals for the Station designs, Station layouts including PD area, track supporting structures including E&M facilities and fire detection/ suppression system and drawings for property development when integral to the station building, from the relevant approving authority; like Fire Service, Traffic Police etc.
- Plan, design, detail control, co-ordinate and execute the design phase of the Works for production of drawings, documents and reports to meet the key schedule dates included in the Agreement and as directed by the UPMRC.
- Design the signages for all the stations. It includes designing of graphics/Art work of signages, fixing details and all necessary tender assistance (Preparing BOQ etc.).
- Prepare and submit a Design Quality Control plan to the UPMRC for approval.
- Maintain a Quality Control activity and an effective internal procedure for checking the accuracy of Work and assuring compliance with contract requirements.
- Attend meetings during the design stage connected with the Work whenever required.
- Site visits for design implementation during construction when required specifically by UPMRC.
- Modify designs and drawings, if such modifications are considered necessary due to site conditions and un-foreseen conditions.
- To review as-built drawings submitted by the contractors with respect to GFC and highlight changes including analysis to assess if there is any adverse impact of such changes.
- Submission of procedure and frequencies of different types of testing required during construction and also review of the results.
- Design of furniture required for Station Control Room, TOM etc. in stations including other locations in stations.
- To assist the UPMRC’s site supervision staff in clarification of queries resulting from the design.
Tender documents can only be obtained online on the website https://etenders.gov.in/eprocure/app
Source: UPMRC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): UPMRC