Share with your network
Bengaluru: Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa on Thursday announced Rs 8,772-crore budget bonanza for the Bengaluru development sector in fiscal 2020-21. The Chief Minister earmarked Rs 500 crore for the suburban railway project.
- Presenting the State Budget, he said,”For the year 2020-21, a total amount of Rs 8,772 crore is provided for the Bengaluru development sector.”
- He said, infrastructure facilities, transit based development and essential regulatory measures will be taken up with an objective of increasing the utilisation of public transport from 48% to 73%.
- Also, the Chief Minister earmarked Rs 500 crore for the suburban railway project.
- The total cost of the project is Rs 18,000 crore of which 20% each will be shared by the Centre and the state, and the rest of the 60% raised through institutional loan.
- He said, action has been taken to purchase 90 electric buses under the Smart City Project to encourage mass transport and to provide effective Metro Feeder Transport facility for the Metro commuters.
Be the first to comment