The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s KEC International Limited for “Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of 25 kV Overhead Equipment (OHE), 33 kV Auxiliary Power Supply for elevated section of Line-7 Ext. (Maujpur to Majlispark) and Augmentation works of Mukundpur depot of Delhi Metro MRTS Phase-IV.”
- Contract No.: DE-14
- Awarded Value: INR 68.98 Crore
- Completion period of the Work: 18 Months
In March this year, DMRC had invited a tender for Contract: DE-14.
Following table shows the approved Maujpur to Majlis park corridor sunder Delhi Metro MRTS Phase-IV:
|Name of Corridor||Approx.Length (Km)|
|Maujpur to Majlispark||12.20|
The Maujpur to Majlis Park Line of Delhi Metro MRTS Phase-IV, extends from Maujpur (Existing station of Line-7) toMajlispark station(Existing station of Line-7). This line is approximately 12 km long and comprises 8 numbers elevated stations. The elevated stations of corridor are Yamuna Vihar, Bhajanpura, Khajuri Khas, Sonia Vihar, Soorghat, Jagatpur Village, Jharoda and Burari. This Line is connected to Mukundpur Depot.
Items of Work:
The following items of work are within the Scope of this tender:
- Design of 25 kV FOCS System and 33 kV Auxiliary System of Elevated Sections and At Grade for Mukundpur Depot.
- Design works shall be as per the details given in Chapter 13 of the PS.
- Supply and Erection of 25 kV Traction Overhead Equipment for Elevated Lines and ‘At-grade’, and Switching Stations.
- Supply and Erection of 25 kV cables.
- Supply and Erection of Return Current cables.
- Supply and erection of Booster Transformers, if required, along the line.
- Supply and Erection of 33 kV Insulated cables at viaduct, on ground, underground (buried) and at other places as detailed in subsequent paragraphs.
- Supply and Erection of 33 kV / 415 V Auxiliary Transformers and associated Switchgears and Equipment in all ASS’s, in Elevated Stations.
- Modification works, as required, at already erected installations.
- Civil works along the line and at switching stations.
- All Testing, integrated testing, and Commissioning of all erected equipment.
In general, DE-14 Contractor is responsible for all works relating to 25 kV Traction Overhead Equipment, 33 kV Power Supply Network, Auxiliary Substations in Line-7 Ext. Corridor, except for certain items of work which are specifically excluded from the DE-14 Contractor’s Scope and which would be carried out by other Contractors/Agencies.
|1||Maujpur to Majlispark||OHE & Auxiliary|
|2||Interlinking of 33 kV and 25 kV Power Supply with existing stations||OHE & Auxiliary|
|3||Design||OHE & Auxiliary|
|4||Modification works||As per requirements|
|5||Mukundpur Depot Augmentation||OHE & Auxiliary|
Traction Overhead Equipment:
- Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of 25 kV Traction Overhead Equipment (OHE) of Flexible Catenary System, for ‘Elevated’ shall be within the scope of DE-14 Contract.
- In addition, Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of OHE Augmentation in the following or any additional Metro Car Maintenance Depot (generally referred to as ‘Depots’), shall also be within the scope of DE-14 Contract:
- Mukundpur Depot
The following works but not limited to shall form part of this tender: –
- Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of all Switching Stations in the ‘elevated’ and at Grade corridors, including, but not limited to:
- 25 kV Switchgears.
- Jumpers and connecting cables.
- Measuring and protection equipment (if required).
- Marshalling Box.
- LT and Control Cables from the Switching Station to the Station control room in the nearest station.
- Structures and foundations (if necessary) to support the equipment and all other related works to make the Switching Station complete for its successful and satisfactory working.
Auxiliary Main Substations (AMS):
- All works, including civil and general electrical works relating to AMS Room and 33 kV Switchgear and auxiliaries, in the Auxiliary Main Substations in the RSS premises, are within the RSS Contractor’s scope of work. However, supply and erection of 33 kV cables from the outgoing 33 kV Switchgear panels in the AMS Room to the 33 kV Switchgear panels in the designated ASS in the Line-7 Ext. corridor, is within the DE-14 Contractor’s Scope of Work.
Auxiliary Substations (ASS):
The following works but not limited to shall form part of this Tender:
- Design, Supply Installation, Testing and Commissioning of all equipment at all Elevated ASS’s, including, but not limited to:
- 33 kV / 415 V transformers.
- 33 kV Switchgear.
- 33 kV and Control Cables.
- 33 kV Cables inside the ASS.
- All control cables required for ASS including.
- All LT cables required for interconnection of equipment’s etc. in the ASS (excluding those required for connection from 415V side of Auxiliary Transformer).
- All measuring and protective devices.
- Batteries and battery chargers.
- Cable paths and earthing arrangements.
- Safety equipment and all other items required for successful and satisfactory working of the ASS, at all ASS’s.
About KEC International Limited:
- KEC International is a global infrastructure Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) major.
- It has presence in the verticals of Power Transmission and Distribution, Railways, Civil, Urban Infrastructure, Solar, Smart Infrastructure, Oil & Gas Pipelines, and Cables.
- The Company is currently executing infrastructure projects in 30+ countries and has a footprint in 105+ countries (includes EPC, Supply of Towers andCables).
- It is the flagship Company of the RPG Group.
Source: DMRC-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): DMRC