The Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has invited Expression of Interest (EOI) to design, build, supply, install, test, commission and maintain Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) including related Electrical infrastructures at Kochi, Kerala.
- The last date for bid submission is Feb 20, 2020, and the bids will be opened on Feb 24.
- EVSE includes the electrical equipment external to the electric vehicle that provides a connection for an electric vehicle to a power source for charging the batteries of different variety of lithium-Ion chemistry/ Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO).
- Kochi Water Metro Project is envisaged as an integrated urban water transport project to interlink the city hearts and islands of Kochi.
- The project is conceived as an environmentally friendly, modern urban transport system with 15 identified routes over 78 km of route length.
- The overall project costs of the Kochi Water Metro Project are estimated at Rs 747.48 crore.
- Funding for the project is being secured under German-Indian Financial Cooperation through KfW, with a concessional loan and part funded by government sources.
- According to the EOI, fast charger infrastructure shall be built in the major terminals for charging the batteries of different types of electric vehicles and watercrafts.
- The scope of work involves the design, engineering, testing at manufacturer’s works, procurement including transportation to site and storage, quality assurance, packing, erection including performance testing, satisfactory commissioning of EVSE and related electrical infrastructure in the boat terminals.
- Under Phase-II of the Fame India Scheme, Government of India supports the development of EV Charging infrastructure by extending the capital grant to different organisation/ stockholders and KMRL intend to avail the capital grant offered through FAME-II scheme.
- KMRL envisages to set up EVSE in its Boat terminals which are intended to charge Electric vehicles such as electric cars, electric buses, and electric ferry boats, etc.
- The EVSE shall be equipped with advanced features like smart metering, cellular capability and network connectivity.
- The EVSE shall be used to charge KMRL’s own electric feeder services as well as Private/ Public electric vehicles.