Share with your network
Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has signed a project agreement with AFD (French Development Agency) for Non-Motorised Transport projects and urban place making initiatives along the metro corridor for an amount of Rs. 239 crores.
- Alkesh Kumar Sharma, Managing Director, KMRL, said,”Through this funding KMRL is planning to improve land planning and landscaping around Kochi Metro Stations and on arterial roads to faciltiate the access of cycles and pedestrians. There is also a plan to improve junctions like Petta, Vadakkekkotta and SN Junction.”
- The development of major junctions, landscaping, pedestrian facilities and cycle tracks are part of the project.
- AFD will provide an amount of Rs 239 crore for non-motorised transport projects and urban place-making initiatives along the Metro corridor.
- KMRL is planning to construct parking spaces for vehicles at Metro stations, including multi-level car parking facilities.
- As part of pedestrian facility improvement, footpaths in front of stations will be revamped.
Be the first to comment