Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has invited online bids (e-Tender) under two packet system from eligible applicants, for the work, Project Management Consultant (PMC) for Phase-II Corridor from JLN Stadium to Infopark via Kakkanad of Kochi Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Reference Number: KMRL/PRJ/ DnP/128/ 2020/KBPMC-01
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 23-Jul-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 07-Aug-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 01-Aug-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 07-Aug-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 11-Aug-2021
Role of KMRL:
- KMRL will be the implementing authority for the project.
- It will exercise all technical, financial and contract management powers and oversee the Quality Assurance & Safety aspects, as considered necessary.
- It will be responsible for arranging funding for the project and payment to contractors/consultants.
Role of PMC:
- KMRL intends to engage a Project Management Consultant (PMC) for Strategic and
- Financial Advisory services, Preliminary Design & Specifications, Project monitoring,
- Design Approvals, Supervision and Commissioning for its Phase-II Corridor from JLN
- Stadium to Infopark via Kakkanad.
- The PMC will obtain KMRL’s approval on all matters that lie within its scope of services.
- Any subsequent changes to the Project detail will also be put up to KMRL along with time and cost implications for its approval. PMC will have necessary powers to guide and supervise the implementation of the project within the approvals obtained from KMRL.
- PMC shall Exercise the powers of ‘Engineer’ as stipulated in the contract documents for all contracts.
- The job of the Project Management Consultant (PMC) is to perform activities necessary to plan, integrate, package, administer, manage and deliver the development and construction of Phase II Corridor of Kochi Metro Rail Project.
- It will be the PMC’s primary role to provide commercial & business development plans, strategic and financial plans, Preliminary Engineering(Civil, structural,PHE & track) and Architectural Designs, Drawings and Specifications as per the scope of work, preparation of Tender documents, bid management and assisting various technical matters for appointing EPC contractor, Project monitoring, Design Approvals, Construction supervision and support services till the commissioning and thereafter handing over of the Phase II Corridor of Kochi Metro Rail Project.
- The project details of the Phase II Corridor for which the PMC has to provide the services are as follows:
- Corridor length: 11.2 km
- No. of stations: 11
- Special spans: 3 nos
- The PMC Services envisioned during entire duration for the project are divided in to three stages:
- Stage: “Strategic and Financial Advisory Services” that includes Development of detailed ridership and non-fare box revenue strategy, a sound commercial & real estate development plan, a sustainable financial plan for the project leveraging all available models like value capture financing, rail + land model etc., Develop optimal contracting models and defining packages and Identify levers to reduce overall capex cost and schedule time.
- Stage 2: “Pre-construction Services” that includes Setting up of Project Office at Kochi; Validation Study; preparation of Preliminary Designs/ Drawings/ Specifications for civil, Structural, Architectural, PHE & track (30% designs & drawings which will form the basis for detailed design by EPC/D&B contractor) for Phase II corridor.
- Stage 3: “Construction Stage Services” includes certification of vendor sources and inspection of vendor items wherever needed, interfacing & obtaining permits & approvals from various authorities & funding agencies, Approval of all designs and drawings prepared by EPC/D&B contractor, Value Engineering, Management, Monitoring and Supervision of all the construction related activities including interfacing with all other related work contracts ensuring strict QA/QC and SHE compliance at work sites and technical assistance till the commissioning; thereafter handing over of the Phase II Corridor of KMRL as per the target dates laid, at the same time exercising utmost cost control measures.
Note: Stage 2 services of preliminary designs & tendering are needed for only civil, structural, Architectural, PHE & track while stage 3 services includes civil, structural, Architectural, PHE, track & Systems components.
Tender document will be available for free download on www.etenders.kerala.gov.in.
Source: KMRL-Tender | Image Credit: Kochi Metro