Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has invited Online Bids (E-Tender) under two packet system for the work, “Selection of proof consultancy services for the detailed structural design of the elevated viaduct and one elevated station from S.N. Junction to Thripunithura of phase 1B of Kochi Metro Rail Project”.
- Tender Security Amount (EMD): INR 1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakhs only).
- Completion period of the work: 6 months
- Pre-bid Meeting: 07.07.2020 at 15:00 hours
- Date and Time of submission of Tender: 20.07.2020 up to 15:00 hrs
- Date and Time of opening of Tender: 22.07.2020 at 15:00 hrs
Terms of Reference:
- The Consultant shall provide and complete the Consultancy Services, to the standards and in the manner, frequency, quantity and times specified in accordance with the Conditions of Contract, except for variations which have been agreed to in writing by the Employer.
- Proof consultant shall exercise reasonable skill, care and diligence in the performance of his obligations under the Agreement and in accordance with the prevailing standards of the profession and shall provide professional, objective and impartial advice and at all times hold the Employer’s interests paramount.
- The Services include the co-ordination between the DDC and employer. The Proof consultant shall obtain, co-ordinate and submit all the proof checked documents and drawings to the Employer for his information and approval. Such co-ordination will take place throughout the contract period.
KMRL has already prepared a Detailed Project Report for the Phase-IB of Kochi Metro Rail Project, and the design stages will be broadly based on this study. The relevant section of the DPR can be given to the successful bidder upon award of work through a written request to KMRL. The field of intervention of the Proof Consultant will be in the Civil structural works.
Extent of Design Services:
Brief Description of Work are as detailed below.
These Services generally include, but are not limited to:
- The developed proposals from DDC shall be examined and approved by Proof consultant.
- Proof consultant is required to review and approve all temporary works design and construction methodology from DDC.
- Review of tender drawings ( structural ) & approval.
- Review changes in design due to system wide interfacing with other DDCs/ Contractors/ KMRL;
- Maintain a Quality Control activity and an effective internal procedure for checking the accuracy of Work and assuring compliance with contract requirements;
- Attend meetings connected with the Work whenever required; and
- Review existing designs or drawings as necessary during construction stage.
- The Proof consultant shall solely be responsible for manpower resource planning to accommodate variations in schedule during the estimated design period, and such variations shall not constitute a claim for extended design services unless these variations are not due to the proof consultant.
- Timely detailed scrutiny of all designs and drawings (temporary and permanent works) submitted by the design consultant of KMRL/ or contractor so that the GFC drawings shall be issued on time without any delay.
Phases of Services:
The Proof Consultant shall perform the services in two phases, the Design Phase and the Construction Phase.
- The Design Phase shall commence upon the Commencement Date. This phase shall include the review and approval of:
- Concept & tender drawings
- For approval Detailed design & drawings
- The Construction Reference Drawings.
- GFC Drawings
- The Design Phase will be completed upon issue of a certificate signed by the Proof checker stating that all design, drawings and documents have been checked and approved complying with all the contract specifications to the Employer.
- During Construction Phase proof consultant is required to review and approve all the designs and drawings modifications, calculations etc that may arise due to site constraints or KMRL requirement . Proof consultant should also review shop drawings submitted by the contractors which is vetted by DDC to conform the GFC drawings.
- Proof consultant shall review and approve conceptual drawings for Viaduct, Special bridge (If any, cross –over, long spans), stations and their other structures as applicable for particular package.
- Proof consultant shall review and approve rectification and repair methodology pertaining to structural works upon request from Employer and submit necessary additional designs, drawings and necessary technical documentation as required to the Employer.
- The proof consultant shall review and approve sufficient design options for all structures, systems and services covered in this contract and design Alternatives for stations, substructure of viaduct and special spans.
- Proof consultant shall also review and approve structural design of entry/exit structures.
- The proof consultant shall review and approve designs for the substructure, superstructure of all elements submitted by DDC to reduce construction cost without adversely affecting required transit system functions such as capacity, reliability, and economy of operation or ease of maintenance.
- Proof consultant shall review and approve structural plans, site development plans. Site development plans should include elements like compound wall, roads, footpath, pavements, storm water drains, rainwater harvesting pits, pavements, street-scraping, signage, public furniture & fixtures, etc.,
- The Proof Consultant shall note that CRS approval is mandatory for commissioning the system. Notwithstanding other provisions of the Contract, the Consultant shall ensure that the Design Works comply with the requirements of CRS.
Tender Documents and any additional information can be downloaded from websites etenders.kerala.gov.in or www.kochimetro.org
Be the first to comment