Share with your network
Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) is set to extend metro rail service from Thykoodam to Petta. First trial run on the Kochi Metro‘s new stretch from Thykoodam to Petta was completed on Feb 15. With this phase-1 of metro rail is nearing completion.
- The inauguration of Thykoodam to Petta route will be held March last or April first week.
- During the trial run which commenced from Thykoodam, the officials reviewed the tracks and the functioning of the third rail which generates power.
- At 8.20 in the morning, the train left from Petta and reached Thykoodam at 9.00 am.
- Inspections including signalling and trial run will continue in the coming days also, KMRL informed.
- Load test will be carried out to monitor the capacity of the tracks.
- KMRL managing director Alkesh Kumar Sharma said,”the first trial run was successful. Metro rail safety commissioner will also inspect the service.”
- With the launch of metro rail service to Petta, the first phase of Kochi Metro will be completed.
- Currently, Kochi Metro rail service is being carried out from Aluva to Thykoodam at a stretch of 23.65 km.
- There is 1.15 km distance between Thykoodam and Petta.
- With the launch to Petta, Kochi Metro will have 22 stations.
Be the first to comment