Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has invited online bids (e-Tender) under two packet systems from eligible applicants for Development of Non-Motorised transport initiatives of Kochi Metro Rail Limited at Kaloor – Kadavanthra Road as part of Station Oriented Development (SOD) of Kaloor and kadavanthra Metro Stations for Electrical Works.
- Tender Reference Number: KMRL/PROC/TENDER/2022-23/191
- Name of Work: Development of Non-Motorised transport initiatives of Kochi Metro Rail Limited at Kaloor – Kadavanthra Road as part of Station Oriented Development (SOD) of Kaloor and kadavanthra Metro Stations for Electrical Works.
- EMD: INR 6,60,000 Lakh
- Period Of Work: 240 Days
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 09th March, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 07th April, 2023
- Pre–bid Meeting Date: 20th March, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 25th March, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 07th April, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 10th April, 2023
- The National Urban Transportation Policy (NUTP), launched in 2006 and revised in 2014 by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) aims at providing better mobility and sustainability by focusing on people’s mobility.
- The policy flags the urgent need of providing a transportation system that is seamlessly integrated across all modes and provides first mile as well as last mile connectivity.
- The NonMotorized Transport (NMT) modes are important & integral elements of urban transport worldwide and have to be given their due place in the transportation network. Keeping this vision, the Government of Kerala intends to develop NMT infrastructure with financial aid from “French Development Agency” (AFD).
- Understanding the significance and functioning of NMT Projects, Kochi Metro Rail Ltd.(KMRL) under its Non-Motorized Transport (NMT) & Station Oriented Development (SOD) initiatives intend to develop NMT Networks at identified locations along the Metro Rail Corridor.
- The Locations identified for the developments are primarily near Kaloor and Kadavanthra Metro Stations. (Details are provided in Employers Requirement)
- The Key features includes design, Supply, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of RMU, Transformer structure, LED Street lights and walkway lights with CCMS panel etc.
- General Features of the Project The Key features includes design, Supply, Erection, Testing and Commissioning of RMU, 11KV HT and 1.1kv LT cable, LED Street lights and walkway lights with CCMS panel (Web based centralised street light controllers).
The indicative scope of work includes:
- Electrical Poles To Be Dismantled – 115 No’s
- New Electrical Poles To Be Supplied And Installed – 125 No’s
- Dp Structure/ Transformers To Be Dismantled – 26 No’s
- New Rmu To Be Supplied And Installed – 20 No’s
- Street Light/Walkway Light Poles To Be Supplied & Installed – 250 No’s
- High Mast Light Poles Including Lightning Arrestor To Be Supplied & Installed – 2 No’s
Scope of Works:
- The scope of work under this contract shall include design, supply, erection, shifting/modification, testing & commissioning of HT/LT equipment’s, laying of 11kv HT &1.1KV LT cable, ABC conductors, and HT/LT OH lines dismantling and Design, Supply, laying, testing and commissioning of LED street light poles including LED luminaires with CCMS panel (Web based centralised street light controllers).
- Conducting the Site survey, Preparation and submission of proposal drawing in consultation with various stakeholders associated with the electrical utility shifting and street light work.
- Approval of the proposal drawing for HT/LT equipment by employer and stakeholders.
- The work shall include Design, supply, laying, erection, shifting/modification, testing & commissioning of HT/LT equipment’s, ABC conductors, cables and lines of KSEB
- Design, Supply, laying, testing & commissioning of 11kv HT/LT cables and ABC conductors.
- Design, Supply, erection, testing & Commissioning of SCADA compatible RMUs with metering panel and ADD on module RMU.
- Construction of DP structure and shifting and re-erecting of existing transformer installation including DTR meter fixing.
- Dismantling and handing over of Raccoon, Rabbit and Weasel conductor at various locations.
- Procurement of equipment as per the approved specification from the KSEBL/Employer approved sources.
- Handle and resolve interface issues, in co-ordination with the Employer / KSEBLtd/KMRL Electrical Contractor to ensure timely completion of the Works.
- Installation plan and method statements for installation works to be prepared and submitted to KMRL.
- Shifting of existing Transformer and RMU to re-erect the suitable location.
- Supply and erection of LT/HT/A poles with concrete foundation as per standard Road cutting permission as per G.O.(Ms)No.59/2020/PWD dated 30/07/2020, traffic diversion permission and all similar permissions as required.
- Construction of concrete pedestal/Pillar for erection of Transformer.
- Dismantling of OH lines and associated poles can be returned to KSEBL.Receipt of the handing over material shall be submitted by KMRL.
- Supply, Installation, Testing and commissioning of 11kv HT/LT Cables through cable trench with Core cutting for cable entry/exit and cable mounting and connecting with cable clamps, bolts, nuts, terminal protectors etc including cost of materials.
- Providing earthing for poles and supports, pillar boxes, panel structures, Transformers including supply of material and erection as per the relevant standards.
- Dismantling and re-erecting OH LT Connections of Consumers.
- Dismantling and re-electing (without damage) LT/HT OH line including stay, strut, cross arms, insulators, including all materials at nearest HT/A pole as per standards and directions of officers.
- Supply, laying, testing and commissioning of LT Distribution Cable to Consumer Premises. Obtaining clearance of Electrical inspector of Kerala, Govt, PTC clearance and other clearance as required and submit the same to the office.
- Supply, Erection, testing and commissioning of LT/HT equipment, Obtaining approval of Electrical inspector of Kerala, and submitting the same to the office.
- Preparation and submission of as built CAD Drawings
- There will be no additional payments for preparation of Working drawings, GFCs, and for Conducting Topographic Survey.
- To ensure that all required safety measures are taken during the execution of work.
- The contractor shall verify the arrangement of the KSEB scheme and relevant standards.
- For all the major equipment, test reports, GTP and GA drawings shall be submitted duly signed by contractor and OEM along with bid.
- Handing over the commissioned system to the concerned agency and that are reusable/handing over the balance materials to the agency concerned (KSEB)/ obtaining and submission of acknowledgement of receipt of the same to KMRL office.
- Transporting and stacking of dismantled materials at the stacking place as per direction of officers of KMRL/KSEB/using those materials.
- Provision of all the construction drawings, documents & manuals, and as-built drawings, Cable Schedule, circuit diagrams, wiring diagram etc. required to supply, install, test and commission the above installations.
- Dismantling and re-erecting the street light fixtures with all accessories in nearest LT/HT poles.
- Procurement of street light poles ,Fixtures and LED luminaires as per the approved specification as per direction of employer.
- Design, Supply, laying, testing and commissioning of street light poles including LED luminaires.
- Handle and resolve interface issues, in coordination with the Employer / KSEB Ltd/KMRL Electrical Contractor to ensure timely completion of the Works.
- Road cutting permission, traffic diversion permission and all similar permissions as required.
- The contractor shall verify the arrangement of the KSEB scheme and relevant standards.
- Providing Earthing for street light poles including supply of material and erection as per the relevant standards.
- Providing support structures for the advertisement board. Proposal drawing drawings to be prepared by the Contractors and submitted for approval of the Employer’s representative before execution.
- Obtaining clearance of Electrical inspector of Kerala, PTCC clearance, obtaining electrical connection from KSEB, obtaining NOC for availing electrical connection from corporation, Municipality and other clearance as required and submit the same to the office.
- Providing Passenger Vehicle with 24 hrs service for site visits/ inspection including driver and fuel costs.
- During the Defects Liability Period Contract period the Contractor shall provide, free of cost, rectification/ reconstruction of faulty work.
- Competent and skilled personnel and maintain adequate stock of spares/ machine so as to promptly fulfil his obligations during the Defects Liability Period as laid down in GC and Works Requirements.
- A penalty of Rs.20000/-(Twenty Thousand) per day in DLP period will be imposed if Defect/ complaint/ faculty is not attended within 24 hrs from the time and date of notice, Whereas No Payment shall be made for any defects or damage rectification covers under Defects Liability Period (DLP) as per Clause 11 of GCC.
- The tenderer shall, prior to submitting his tender for the work, visit and examine the site of works and its surroundings at his own expense, and obtain and ascertain for himself on his own responsibility all information that may be necessary for preparing his tender and entering into a contract, and take the same into account in the quoted contract price for the work.
The tenderer shall satisfy themselves about the following factors:
- Site conditions including access to the site, existing and required roads and other means of transport/communication for use by him in connection with the work including diverting and re-routing of services.
- Ground conditions including those bearing upon transportation, disposal, handling and storage of materials required for the work or obtained there-from.
- Source and extent of availability of suitable materials, including water etc., and labour (skilled and unskilled) required for work, and laws and regulations governing their use and employment.
- Geological, meteorological, topographical and other general features of the site and its surroundings are pertaining to and needed for the performance of the work.
- The limit and extent of surface and subsurface water to be encountered during the performance of the work, and the requirement of drainage and pumping.
- The type of equipment and facilities needed, for and in the performance of the work;
- The extent of lead and lift required for the work in complete form over the entire duration of the contract, and
- All other information pertaining to and needed for the work including information as to the risks, contingencies and other circumstances which may influence or affect the work or the cost thereof under this contract.
- The tenderer should note that information, if any, in regard to the local conditions, as contained in these tender documents, has been given to the tenderer merely for guidance and is not warranted to be complete.
- A tenderer shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the site, whether he inspects it or not, and no extra charges consequent on any misunderstanding or otherwise shall be allowed.
- Joint Venture (JV)/Consortium is permitted for this Contract.
- The Bidder shall demonstrate that it has access to, or has available, liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means (independent of any contractual advance payment) sufficient to meet the construction cash flow requirements estimated as INR 2.48 Cr. for the subject contract(s) net of the Bidder’s other commitments.
- The Bidder shall also demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Employer, that it has adequate sources of finance to meet the cash flow requirements on works currently in progress and for future contract commitments.
- The audited balance sheets or, if not required by the laws of the Bidder’s country, other financial statements acceptable to the Employer, for the last three (3)financial years shall be submitted and must demonstrate the current soundness of the Bidder’s financial position.
- The Bidder’s financial position will be deemed sound if at least two (2) of the following four (4) criteria are met:
- Average earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) for any three out of last five Financial years ending in March 2022 > 0;
- Total equity (net worth) for any three out of last five Financial years ending in March 2022 > 0;
- Average liquidity ratio for any three out of last five Financial years ending in March 2022 > 1. ((Current assets) / (Current liabilities) > 1);
- Average indebtedness ratio for for any three out of last five Financial years ending in March 2022 < 6 ((Total financial liabilities) / (EBITDA) < 6).
- Minimum average annual turnover of Rs.9.9 crores for any three out of last five Financial years ending in March 2022
Specific Construction & Contract Management Experience:
- Experience in successfully (substantially) completing at least one contract of similar works of at least 5.28 Cr. within the original/actual completion period during the last Seven years ending December 2022, or
- Experience in successfully (substantially) completing at least two contracts of similar works of at least 3.3 Cr. within the original/actual completion period during the last Seven years ending December 2022, or
- Experience in successfully (substantially) completing at least three contracts of similar works of at least 2.64 Cr. within the original/actual completion period during the last Seven years ending December 2022.
- Similar works means, Design, Supply, Erection, Testing & Commissioning of Electrical HT/LT installation or utility Shifting of HT/LT equipment’s and LED Street light/walkway light with CCMS panel (Web based centralised street light controllers).
Tender Documents and any additional information can be downloaded from website http://etenders.kerala.gov.in
Source: KMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Kochi Metro