Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has invited online bids (e-Tender) under two packet systems from eligible applicants for Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of E&M works of property development areas at Ernakulam South Metro Station.
- Tender Reference Number: KMRL/PROC/TENDER/2023-24/014
- Name of Work: Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of E&M works of property development areas at Ernakulam South Metro Station.
- EMD: INR 2,88,000/-
- Period Of Work: 06 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 10th May, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 01st June, 2023
- Pre–bid Meeting Date: 18th May, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 25th May, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 01st June, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 03rd June, 2023
- The objective of the contract is the Design, construction completion, testing and commissioning of the permanent works by the Contractor (including without limitation, construction and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent Works in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
- In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
Scope of Works:
- The scope includes Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of Indoor & external lighting system of common areas such as lift lobby, staircases, etc. Electrical panels for PD and Common areas, Fire pumps, hydrant and sprinkler systems, Fire extinguishers and Addressable Fire Alarm System for PD areas, Signage’s, Talkback and PA system, CO2 gas flooding system, DG set.
- The scope of work under this contract shall include the Design, supply, erection, site testing and commissioning of the E&M and Fire System works comprising of but not restricted to:
- Conduiting, wiring, supply & fixing of modular type switches etc. for lighting.
- Conduiting, wiring, supply & fixing of modular type socket outlets and switches wherever required and as per drawings.
Cabling for Power, Communication, Fire alarm,etc.;
- Lighting fixture for internal areas (including verification of lux level achievable in various areas) and external areas.
- Fire alarm system including Conduiting and wiring.
- Safety equipment.
- All panels & DBs including Main Meter Boards, Emergency Power Panel, Fire Pump Panel, Water Pump Panel, Lighting Distribution Boards etc.
- Various distribution boards / panels as required.
- 1.1 kV grade power cables and control cables, cable trays, raceways and ducting.
- Protective earthing and lightning protection.
- Co2 gas flooding system.
- Fire pumps, fire hydrants and fire system piping.
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Obtaining the fire clearance certificate from Fire authorities and other statutory approvals as applicable.
- Interfacing with Civil and Lifts contractors as per requirements.
- Lightning Arrestor system.
- Obtaining the Fire clearance (Initial and Final) certificate from Fire authorities and other statutory approvals as applicable.
- EIG clearance for DG set.
- Maintenance of the area during the implementation stage.
- De-mobilisation, clearing of all temporary works and facilities after completion of job.
- Any other item of work may be required to be carried out for completing the work under this Contract in all respects in accordance with the provisions of the Contract and/or to ensure the safety of installation during and after execution.
Scope of Contract:
- E&M Contractor’s scope of the contract shall comprise of providing equipments, components, materials, labour, supervisory staff with infrastructure, T&P, scaffolding, consumables, testing equipment, trial operation and free maintenance during performance guarantee period etc. required for completion of the work as per the contract Agreement.
- Contract Rates shall be deemed to be inclusive of all direct and indirect expenses required to be incurred as per this scope including but not restricted to the costs of the following.
- The E&M Contractor shall be fully responsible for ensuring that the design, manufacture, make, type, quantity and size of equipment/components/ materials brought to site for use in work shall be suitable for the work and shall be compatible with spaces available at site particularly with regard to heights and the widths of approaches to places of installation of equipment.
- Approval of shop drawings, makes, samples etc. given by or on behalf of KMRL shall not absolve the Contractor of his basic contractual responsibility.
- As built conduit layout for lights, socket outlets sub-mains, and fire alarm system showing size of conduit, number and size of wires in each run, location and size of accessories like junction boxes, ceiling boxes, fan hooks, draw boxes, switch boxes, bends and route of each continuity conductor etc.
- As built layout of lights, socket outlets, switch boards, DBs etc.
- As built details of cable routing drawings showing size, type and number of medium voltage cables and mode of installation.
- As built GA and schematic drawings of switch boards, DBs, rising mains etc. showing material and size of sheet steel / bus bars / inter connections and make and rating of switch gear including details of protection, metering, indication and interlocks etc.
- As built details of earth pits and earthing conductors.
- As built details of Lightning Arrestor
- As built Drawing of Fire detection system.
- As built Drawing of Fire fighting system.
- The tenders for this contract will be considered only from those tenderers (proprietorship firms, partnerships firms, companies, corporations, consortia or joint ventures) who meet requisite eligibility criteria prescribed in the sub-clauses of clause 1.1.3 of NIT.
- In the case of a JV or Consortium maximum of three members is only allowed, of all three members of the JV/Consortium shall be jointly and severally liable for the performance of the whole contract.
- A tenderer shall submit only one bid in the same tendering process, either individually as a tenderer or as a partner of a JV. A tenderer who submits or participates in more than one bid will cause all of the proposals in which the tenderer has participated to be disqualified.
- No tenderer can be a subcontractor while submitting a bid individually or as a partner of a JV in the same bidding process.
- A tenderer, if acting in the capacity of subcontractor in any bid, may participate in more than one bid, but only in that capacity.
- Tenderers shall not have a conflict of interest. All Tenderers found to have a conflict of interest shall be disqualified. Tenderers shall be considered to have a conflict of interest with one or more parties in this bidding process, if:
- A tenderer has been engaged by the Employer to provide consulting services for the preparation related to procurement of implementation of the project;
- A tenderer is any associates/affiliates (inclusive of parent firms) mentioned in subparagraph (a) above; or
- A tenderer lends, or temporarily seconds its personnel to firms or organisations which are engaged in consulting services for the preparation related to procurement for implementation of the project, if the personnel would be involved in any capacity on the same project.
- A JV/consortium shall be considered eligible for bid submission, only on submission of a JV/consortium agreement clearly indicating the percentage participation of each member.
- Non substantial partners in case of JV/Consortium
- Lead partner must have a minimum of 50% participation in the JV/Consortium.
- Partners having less than 25% participation will be termed as non-substantial partners and will not be considered for evaluation which means that their financial soundness and work experience shall not be considered for evaluation of JV/Consortium.
- In case of JV/Consortium, change in constitution or percentage participation shall not be permitted at any stage after their submission of application otherwise the applicant shall be treated as nonresponsive.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have completed work(s) during last seven years ending in the previous month to which tender is published as given below:
- At least one work of similar nature (i.e. E&M works of any multi-storeyed buildings) of contract value of Rs. 2.30 crores or more, or
- Two works of similar nature (i.e. E&M works of any multi-storeyed buildings) of contract value of Rs. 1.44 crores or more, or
- Three works of similar nature (i.e. E&M works of any multi-storeyed buildings) of contract value of Rs. 1.15 crores or more.
Tender Documents and any additional information can be downloaded from website http://etenders.kerala.gov.in
Source: KMRL- Tender | Image Credit (representational): Kochi Metro