Kochi Metro Rail Ltd. (KMRL) has invited online bids (E-TENDER) for “Supply, fabrication and installation of Signages and Graphics (Package-2) at Vytilla and Kakkanad for Kochi Water Metro Project”.
- NIT Number: KMRL/WM/SIGNAGES-PKG02/029
- Completion Period: 21 days from the date of issue of Letter of Award
- Tender submission start Date and Time: 15.06.2021, 11.00 Hrs
- Tender submission end Date and Time: Dt. 22.06.2021 till 17.00 Hrs
- Date & Time of opening of Tender: 24.06.2021, 10.00 Hrs
Scope of work:
The scope of work involves supply, fabrication and installation of Signages and Graphics including all transportation, loading and unloading, etc. at two (2) Water Metro Stations viz. Kakkanad and Vyttila of Kochi Water Metro Rail Limited Project.
- The bidder shall, prior to submitting his tender for the work, visit and examine the site of works and its surroundings at his own expense, and obtain and ascertain for himself on his own responsibility all information that may be necessary for preparing his tender and entering into a contract, and take the same into account in the quoted contract price for the work.
- The successful bidder will be expected to complete the works by the intended completion date specified in the particular conditions. The tenderer shall satisfy themselves about the following factors:
- Site conditions including access to the site, existing and required roads and other means of transport/communication for use by him in connection with the work including diverting and re-routing of services.
- Ground conditions including those bearing upon transportation, disposal, handling and storage of materials required for the work or obtained there-from.
- Source and extent of availability of suitable materials, including water etc., and labour (skilled and unskilled) required for work, and laws and regulations governing their use and employment.
- Geological, meteorological, topographical and other general features of the site and its surroundings as are pertaining to and needed for the performance of the work.
- The limit and extent of surface and subsurface water to be encountered during the performance of the work, and the requirement of drainage and pumping.
- The type of equipment and facilities needed, for and in the performance of the work;
- The extent of lead and lift required for the work in complete form over the entire duration of the contract
- All other information pertaining to and needed for the work including information as to the risks, contingencies and other circumstances which may influence or affect the work or the cost thereof under this contract.
- Procurement of all materials to be done as per the approved specification and as per direction of employer.
- Handle and resolve interface issues, in co-ordination with the Employer or its representative to ensure timely completion of the Works.
- To ensure that all required safety measures are taken during the execution of work.
Documents can be downloaded from the web site http://etender.kerala.gov.in
About Water Metro:
- The construction of the Water Metro is progressing at a faster pace.
- The Kochi Water Metro project envisages the development of 15 identified routes, connecting 10 islands along a network of routes that span 78 km with a fleet of 78 fast, electrically propelled hybrid ferries plying to 38 jetties.
- More than 1,00,000 islanders are expected to benefit from the water metro.
- With the introduction of the project that connects 15 routes, Kochiites can reach the mainland in less time.
- It is envisaged to be a socially inclusive transport system than being just a transport service with focus on improved livelihoods through commercial property development and tourism-based initiatives.
- The Kochi Water Metro Project intends to introduce modern, energy efficient, environment friendly and safe boats with low wake and draft characteristics at a high frequency to increase ridership.
- The Kochi Water Metro project has a total value of Rs. 819 crores.
- Major part of this project is financed under Indo-German Financial Cooperation with a long-term loan agreement of 85 million Euros (Indian Rupees Rs. 579 Crore) with German funding agency, KfW, for the development of an integrated water transport system for the city of Kochi.
Source: KMRL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): KMRL