In continuation to the tender for supply of Boat chargers and Transformer at Vytilla Terminal for Water Metro project, the Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL) has now invited Request for Proposal (RFP) for Design, Build, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Passenger Counting System for Kochi Water Metro System.
- Tender Reference Number: KMRL-SYS-SandT-WM-PCS-001
- Name of work: Design, Build, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of Passenger Counting System for Kochi Water Metro Project
- Period Of Work(Days): 630
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 06-Jan-2021
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 22-Feb-2021
- Bid Submission Start Date: 15-Feb-2021
- Bid Submission End Date: 22-Feb-2021
- Bid Opening Date: 24-Feb-2021
- The passenger counting system provides counting to restrict ridership based on vessel capacity.
- Turnstile shall be installed near gangway.
- For each pontoon there will be one for entry, one for exit and manual swing gate for emergency and disable person.
- Passenger shall use turnstile for entry and exit, while the swing gate shall be used by disable person, emergency purpose and for staff movement.
- Turnstile gates should be capable of operating bidirectionally.
Scope of work:
The Contractor shall design, supply, install, test and commission all of the equipment (hardware and software, cables, materials) including all wiring, LAN network, Turnstile devices, Display Unit, Terminal Workstations (hardware and software), RFID/ Any other Wireless mechanism, Central Computer System (hardware and software), DLP and interfaces required to complete the works for the Passenger Counting system & as described herein, for the works and facilities specifically stated below. Contractor shall carry out corrective and preventive maintenance during DLP period of 24 Months.
Note: Telecommunication connectivity from terminals to OCC shall be provided by ITMS Contractor through FOTS/Lease Line.
About the project:
- The Kochi water metro project under Kochi Metro Rail envisages the development of 15 identified routes, connecting 10 islands along a network of routes that span 80 km with a fleet of 78 fast, fuel efficient ferries and 4 Workboats plying to 38 jetties.
- More than 1,00,000 islanders are expected to benefit from the water metro.
- The water metro project intents to provide connectivity to the people living in Island in Kochi agglomeration area and city.
- Water Metro is envisaged as a feeder service to the Kochi Metro rail project, and the idea is to have an integrated mobility project comprising Metro rail, Water Metro and feeder buses.
Tender documents will be available for free download on www.etenders.kerala.gov.in.
Source: KMRL-Tender | Image Credit (representational): KMRL