Kolkata Metro Railway Authority has intensified the ‘No Mask, No Metro’ Campaign in order to make commuters aware about all Covid protocols and how to maintain them in Metro premises. Station staff, RPF personnel have been regularly interacting with commuters and requesting them to wear masks properly in Metro premises.
- This campaign is being conducted in stations and running trains.
- Sanitizer Dispensation Machines have been provided at all Metro stations to help commuters to sanitize their hands before every Metro ride.
- Metro staff have been constantly seeking co-operation from all to stop the spread of this deadly pandemic.
- Regular announcements are being made through the Public Address System and banners and posters are on display at all Metro stations in order to make Metro commuters aware about COVID Appropriate Behaviour.
- Covid Awareness videos are also being played on platform TVs.
- Metro commuters are being requested to sanitize their hands before boarding the Metro in order to stop the spread of this deadly disease.
- On-duty Metro staff are regularly requesting all to co-operate to stop the spread of Corona.
Progress of Metro construction:
Meanwhile, the construction work of Noapara-Barasat via Bimanbandar Metro project has been going on in full swing. In recent times, a significant progress of this project has been achieved.
- The Top slab casting of the proposed Bimanbandar Metro station was completed on 19.01.2021 earlier.
- Casting work of the 2nd concourse slab of Bimanbandar station has been completed on 24.03.2021.
- This work started at 14:30 hrs on 23.03.2021 and after 17 hrs of concreting completed at 07.30 hrs on 24.03.2021.
- In this casting work, 3 concrete pumps along with 20 transit mixers were used.
- 45 labourers and 14 engineers were actively engaged towards completion of this work.
- 875 cubic meter concrete were consumed in this casting work.
Source: Metro Railway, Kolkata-Press Release