In the new normal situation, construction works of all the on-going Metro projects have been going on smoothly. Metro Railway Kolkata has recently achieved a milestone by completing an uninterrupted 1500 cubic metre concreting work of top slab of Bimanbandar Metro station of Noapara-Barasat via Bimanbandar Extension Project.
- This non-stop concreting work continued for 25 hours and the top slab with the dimensions of 36.3 metre X 40 metre X 1 metre (length X breadth X depth) was completed successfully.
- Three concrete pumps and twenty transit mixtures were used for completing this work.
- Forty eight labourers worked tirelessly maintaining all Covid-19 protocols to accomplish this job.
Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway Kolkata conducted a trolley inspection from Noapara to Dakshineswar on 10.11.2020. Senior officers of Metro Railway and Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) accompanied him during this inspection.
- Shri Joshi inspected the upcoming Baranagar and Dakshineswar Metro stations.
- He reviewed the progress of works of these stations and laid emphasis on the passenger amenities at these stations.
- He inspected entry–exit points, approach roads to the stations and other facilities and advised concerned officials to complete the remaining works at the earliest.
- This inspection was conducted maintaining all Covid-19 protocols.
Source: Metro Railway, Kolkata-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): Metro Railway Kolkata