The construction work of Noapara-Barasat via Bimanbandar Metro project has been going on in full swing. Inspite of heavy rainfall, the casting work of a concourse slab of Bimanbandar Metro Station has been completed on 31.07.2021.
- This casting work was started at 23.45 hrs on 30.07.2021 and completed successfully with uninterrupted concreting at 16.30 hrs on 31.07.2021.
- 539 MT steel and 1031 cubic metre concrete have been consumed in this work.
- 45 workers and 30 engineers worked round the clock to complete this job maintaining all safety, quality and Covid norms.
Meanwhile, Metro Railway plans to extend East-West Metro services up to Sealdah by partially operating Sealdah station (East Bound line only).
- This section will add another 2.33 Kms and one station (Sealdah) in 6.97 Kms already being operated in the East-West Metro corridor from Salt Lake Sector-V to Phoolbagan.
- Integrated trial of systems is pre-requisite for getting mandatory clearance from Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) to start the revenue services in Metro corridor.
- This trial commenced from 31.07.2021 and the complete trial and review by ISA will take approximately 03 months time.
- Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway, Shri Manas Sarkar, Managing Director, senior officers of Metro Railway and Directors of Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Ltd (KMRCL) witnessed the commencement of the trial.
- Like earlier sections, this trial will check all systems before starting the revenue service.
- Once the trial is concluded and certification from ISA received, Metro Railway will take further action for commencement of services up to Sealdah.
- After reaching Sealdah, Shri Joshi inspected the platforms, concourse, entry and exit gates, circulating area, lifts, escalators and other passenger amenities which will be provided at this station.
Source: Metro Railway Kolkata-Press Release