The Stores and Vigilance Departments of Metro Railway have jointly organised a Vendors Meet at Metro Rail Bhavan on 25.10.2021. Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway inaugurated this Meet by lighting the traditional lamp.
- Emphasising on achieving self-reliance to ensure progress of the country, Shri Joshi called upon the trading and manufacturing sectors to come forward to make it a reality.
- Accountability and integrity are very much essential for achieving self-reliance, he remarked.
- Smt Samhita Soren, Principal Chief Materials Manager welcoming all the guests and vendors said that in order to make an Atmanirbhar Bharat, Metro Railway has been encouraging Make In India initiative.
- She urged all the vendors to become reliable and creditable partners of Metro Railway.
- Shri Subrata Dey, Deputy Chief Vigilance Officer with the help of PowerPoint presentation explained the procedure of Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informer (PIDPI) system.
- An interactive session between Senior Officers of Metro Railway and vendors was also held during this meet.
- It is to be noted that the theme of this year’s Vigilance Awareness Week is “Independent India 75: Self Reliance with Integrity”.
Two lifts at Metro Rail Bhavan:
Meanwhile, Two lifts at Metro Rail Bhavan have been inaugurated on 06.10.2021 by Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway. These two lifts are touch-less and have several energy efficient modem features.
- These lifts move faster and consume less energy and also have a Regenerative Braking System.
- Lights and fans of these lifts will turn off automatically in stop condition.
- Cross beam sensors are fitted with these lifts for automatic door operation.
- Lift-users will get jerkless smooth riding comfort while these lifts are in motion.
- Shri Joshi has expressed his hope that these lifts will help Metro staff and visitors, senior citizens and physically disabled persons to move to any floor of Metro Rail Bhavan easily.
- On 02.10.2021, two lifts at Mahanayak Uttam Kumar station were dedicated to the service of the nation on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- Shri Sanjay Sil and Shri Tapan Nath the proud motormen who drove India’s first Metro train on 24th October 1984 dedicated these two lifts to the service of the nation in presence of Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway and other senior officials.
- Shri Joshi has expressed his hope that these lifts will help specially Senior Citizens and specially abled passengers to cross the two platforms of the station of Mahanayak Uttam Kumar station easily.
- Each of these lifts can carry 10 persons at a time.
- Later, at Mahatma Gandhi Road Metro Station, Shri Manoj Joshi and other senior officers of Metro Railway offered Shramdaan in order to mark the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- The General Manager garlanded a portrait of Mahatma Gandhi to pay his respect to the “Father of the Nation”.
- Other officers also paid floral tributes to Mahatma Gandhi.
- Shri Prithiraj Sen, famous historian threw light on the works and thoughts of Gandhiji by reading out from his writings.
- A Mime show on ‘Unity is Strength’ was also presented in this programme by Mime Artist Sri Dipak Mustafi.
- Free masks were also distributed among passengers at Mahatma Gandhi Road Metro station.
- Regular announcements were also made at all Metro stations requesting passengers to use eco-friendly cloth bags instead of single-use plastic.
Source: Metro Railway Kolkata-Press Release