The second trial run of Noapara – Dakshineswar Extension stretch of North – South Metro has been conducted smoothly on 07.01.2021. The second trial rake started from Noapara at 11.19 a.m and reached Dakshineshwar at 11.56 a.m. On the return journey, this trial rake started from Dakshineswar at 12.32 p.m. and reached Noapara at 12.58 p.m.
- Officials of Metro Railway Kolkata & senior officers of Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) were present during this trial run.
- They inspected the entire stretch from Noapara to Dakshineswar via Baranagar from the Driving Motorman’s cab both in the UP and DN directions.
- All the arrangements like signaling, third rail power supply, platforms, concourse, entry and exit gates, circulating area and other passenger amenities of Baranagar and Dakshineshwar stations were inspected by the team.
The first trial run of Noapara – Dakshineswar extension stretch of North-South Metro conducted smoothly on 23.12.2020. This trial run started from Noapara. Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway Kolkata was present during this trial run.
- He inspected the entire stretch from Noapara to Dakshineswar via Baranagar from the Driving Motorman’s cab both in UP and DN direction.
- After reaching Dakshineswar, Shri Joshi inspected the platforms, concourse, entry and exit gates, circulating area, lifts, escalators and other passenger amenities which will be provided at this station.
- Senior Officers of Metro Railway and RVNL were present in this trial run
Source: Metro Railway, Kolkata-Press Release