Metro Railway plans to extend East-West Metro services up to Sealdah by partially operating Sealdah station (East Bound line only). This section will add another 2.33 Kms and one station (Sealdah) in 6.97 Kms already being operated in the East-West Metro corridor from Salt Lake Sector-V to Phoolbagan.
- Integrated trial of systems is pre-requisite for getting mandatory clearance from Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) to start the revenue services in Metro corridor.
- This trial commenced from 31.07.2021 and the complete trial and review by ISA will take approximately 03 months time.
- Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway, Shri Manas Sarkar, Managing Director, senior officers of Metro Railway and Directors of Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Ltd (KMRCL) witnessed the commencement of the trial.
- Like earlier sections, this trial will check all systems before starting the revenue service.
- Once the trial is concluded and certification from ISA received, Metro Railway will take further action for commencement of services up to Sealdah.
- After reaching Sealdah, Shri Joshi inspected the platforms, concourse, entry and exit gates, circulating area, lifts, escalators and other passenger amenities which will be provided at this station.
Shri Manoj Joshi, General Manager, Metro Railway held a high level meeting with senior officers of Metro Railway on 26.07.2021.
- During this meeting, he took stock of the maintenance works of North-South and East-West Metro corridors.
- He instructed concerned officials to complete all such works within the deadline in order to provide better services and facilities to all Metro users.
- Detailed review of ongoing works connected with power supply, fire safety measures, lifts & escalators and ventilation systems in underground stations was carried out.
- The General Manager also reviewed the progress of Covid vaccination drive of Metro staff and their beneficiaries in today’s meeting.
- Shri Joshi instructed to arrange more mobile vaccination camps in order to facilitate beneficiaries specially the aged people to get the Covid vaccines easily.
Source: Metro Railway Kolkata-Press Release