Share with your network
All the five Metro stations of Orange Line, i.e.Kavi Subhas to Hemanta Mukhopadhyay stretch which is going to be opened for the public in the first phase shortly, have been named after luminaries of Bengal.
- Famous poets, author, singer, renowned filmmaker all have thus been paid homage in unique ways by Indian Railways. One of the stations of this corridor has been named after famous Bengali writer Jyotirindra Nandi.
- Jyotirindra Nandi Metro station is going to be the third station in the array of five stations on this 5.4-KM stretch from both ends. This station will serve the people of some of the important and first growing areas of Kolkata like Santoshpur, Mukundapur, Purbalok and Ajoy Nagar outlying Eastern Metropolitan Bypass. Metro Cash and Carry is also adjacent to this station.
- This station will also fulfil the long-standing demands of patients and relatives as some of the eminent private hospitals are located in the nearby Mukundapur area. Kishore Bharati Krirangan is a multi-purpose stadium used mainly for football matches, which is also situated nearby to this station. So football lovers will be able to reach the stadium easily after getting down here.
- State of the art passenger amenities are going to be provided at the newly built Jyotirindra Nandi Metro station. There are 8 escalators, 4 lifts provided at this station. Apart from these, 06 public staircases will also be there. Jyotirindra Nandi station will also have two spacious platforms of 180-metre length.
- There will be adequate ticket counters, sitting benches, first aid room, toilets for ladies, gents and divyangjan, Public Address System, digital display boards, CCTV surveillance system, AFC-PC gates, emergency lighting facility for the convenience of the passengers., tactile floor indicators for the blind.
- In addition to these, there is state of the art smoke extraction, fire detection and suppression system at this station. This station has also been beautifully decorated with murals and paintings and artworks.
- This aesthetically designed station will surely not only provide a unique travelling experience but also soothe one’s eyes and frayed nerves. Jyotirindra Nandi station is now ready, welcome to this station.
Source: Kolkata Metro- Press Release | Images Credit: Kolkata Metro
Be the first to comment