The Kerala Rail Development Corporation Limited (KRDCL) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s LKT Engineering Consultants Ltd for Development of Architectural Designs/Drawings of 10 stations of Silverline for Semi High-Speed Rail Corridor (SilverLine) between Thiruvananthapuram to Kasaragod.
- Tender Reference Number: KRDCL/42/2021
- Name of Work: Development of Architectural Designs/Drawings of 10 stations of Silverline for Semi High-Speed Rail Corridor (SilverLine) between Thiruvananthapuram to Kasaragod.
- Awarded Value: INR 52.92 Lakh
- Work Completion Period (in days): 115 days
In July this year, KRDCL had invited a tender for Tender Reference Number: KRDCL/42/2021.
The scope of work for Architectural Designs of following Silverline Stations is as follows:
- Kochi Airport.
Scope of work:
- Developing detailed conceptual and schematic architectural plans, cross sections for stations development considering passenger traffic loads for passengers and other users’ and vehicular traffic to and from the stations, passenger amenities, entry/exit arrangements, platforms, parking & circulation, office / control / maintenance / service.
- Preparation of detailed Master Plan and detailed layout drawings incorporating green buildings principles for the Stations and all other allied facilities. While making the master plan, the consultant has to gather the information about the future proposals of nearby areas / premises and plan keeping in view the requirements of CRZ zones and other restrictions. CRZ map details as available will be provided by KRDCL.
- Consultant to submit the design basis report along with the master plan and other submissions. This report will have the details about how the consultant has arrived at the proposals and the plan for each and every major facility/ amenities.
- Alignment plan of stations having station and platform details as available with KRDCL will be given to the consultant for reference and further working.
The consultant will do the egress calculations for station traffic loads as per applicable norms to check the adequacy of platform and other areas and plan all station amenities accordingly.
- Alignment plans of stations having station and platform details as available with KRDCL will be given to consultants for reference and further working. The consultant will do the egress calculations for station traffic loads as per applicable norms to check the adequacy of platform and other areas and plan all station amenities accordingly.
- Consultant to plan good connectivity with proposed roads connecting nearby roads/ highways as per requirements of stations keeping multi model integration in view as per relevant codes.
- Preparation of Street level plan of the stations, other floors plan indicating concourse and other facilities, paid and unpaid areas, ticketing, station operation rooms and commercial areas etc. Traffic circulation plan of all road modes indicating connectivity to nearby highways and existing stations.
- Consultant to suggest the required parking and circulation facilities for various modes of road traffic like, bus, cars, two and three wheelers, bicycles etc.
- Passenger integration facility with existing railway stations like FOB, Escalators, stair-cases, lifts, travelators etc. as applicable. Various cross sections of planned station as per requirements.
- Consultant will visit the site of stations proposed for better understating of the site and its adjoining areas whenever required.
- The construction of stations may be done on PPP or other suitable financial models. Therefore, the planning of stations and allied facilities can be done by a consultant in two ways.
- Minimum required facilities at the stations for railway’s functioning and train operation and their cost.
- Possible expansion for commercial use and property developments. This expansion may include the provision of expansion horizontally and vertically for more floors abiding the local guidelines.
- The local heritage to be kept in mind while conceptualizing the architecture of SilverLine stations.
- Preparation of detailed block estimates (plinth area rates) based on unit cost as per standard practice based on the approved plans.
- Consultant will discuss all proposals before firming up time to time through presentations as per directions from K-Rail.
- Topographical survey plans, alignment plan and L-Sections, geo-technical investigations reports, CRZ maps as available with KRDCL will be given to successful consultants.
- All designs to be done in accordance with NFPA, NBC and other applicable codes.
- KRDCL approval is must for each activity and to go for the next subsequent activity.
- All deliverables should be submitted in one draft print and three final prints with one set of soft copies in editable and non-editable formats.
Source: KRDCL-Tender Update