The construction arm of L&T has secured another Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) Infrastructure order from the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) in Uttar Pradesh to execute a new, dedicated, high speed, high capacity rail project in the Delhi – Gaziabad – Meerut Corridor.
- RRTS is different from a metro rail system as it caters to passengers looking to travel relatively longer distances with fewer stops and quicker.
- The scope involves construction of a 11 km viaduct including 5 elevated stations from Shatabdi Nagar to Brahmapuri and Begumpul to the Modipuram Depot, designed for speeds up to 180 KMPH with the average operational speed of 100 KMPH which is almost three times faster than that of metros.
- In April this year, the NCRTC has invited online bids for the Package 07: DM/CN/COR-OF/108: Construction of elevated viaduct from end of Shatabdi Nagar Station to Brahmpuri DN ramp and from Begumpul UP Ramp to Modipuram end including Modipuram Depot entry Ramp and 5 elevated stations viz. Brahmpuri, MES Colony, Darauli, Meerut North & Modipuram [Excluding Architectural Finishing & Pre-engineered steel roof structure of Stations] of Delhi–Ghaziabad–Meerut RRTS Corridor.
- India has applied for financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Asian Infrastructure Investment bank (AIIB) toward the cost of Delhi – Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System Project (Tranche -1).
- Part of this financing will be used for payments under the Contracts named above.
- Larsen & Toubro is an Indian multinational engaged in technology, engineering, construction,
- manufacturing and financial services with over USD 21 billion in revenue. It operates in over 30 countries worldwide.
- A strong, customer–focused approach and the constant quest for top-class quality have enabled L&T to attain and sustain leadership in its major lines of business for eight decades.
Source: L&T | Image Credit: NCRTC