The construction arm of Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has secured orders from prestigious clients for various businesses.
Transportation Infrastructure Business:
- The Railways Strategic Business Unit has secured an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) order from the Central Organisation for Railway Electrification (CORE), Package EPC-06 to electrify 918.40 RKM/1171.31 Track KM of railway lines in the North Western Railway.
- The project is a part of the ‘Mission Electrification’ initiative of the Central Government aimed to electrify the entire Indian Railways Network to reduce carbon footprint and expenditure on diesel.
- The business is already executing two major EPC contracts from CORE: EPC-01 (Gr. 182,184 & 185) to electrify the Delhi-Jaipur line and EPC-07 to electrify various sections of the Southern Railway.
Buildings & Factories:
- The Commercial and Residential Spaces arm of the Buildings & Factories business has won an order from a reputed developer to construct an office space in Mumbai.
- The scope of the project includes construction of 2 towers comprising 4 basements, G+21 Floors with a built-up area of 33.50 lakh Sq. Ft.
- The Commercial and Residential Spaces arm of Buildings & Factories business has also won an order from the State Government of Haryana to construct a Medical College at Jind.
- The scope of the project includes construction of a hospital building, academy blocks and residential buildings over a built-up area of 15.63 lakh Sq. Ft.
Larsen & Toubro is an Indian multinational engaged in engineering, procurement and construction projects, manufacturing, defence and services with over USD 21 billion in revenue. It operates in over 30 countries worldwide. A strong, customer–focused approach and the constant quest for top class quality have enabled L&T to attain and sustain leadership in its major lines of business for eight decades.
Source: L&T-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MoR