Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety (CMRS) Shri Janak Kumar Garg inspected Lucknow Metro on 23.12.2020. Shri Janak Kumar Garg who is looking after the charge of Safety of all the Metro Railway of North India viz. DMRC, NCRTC, Noida Metro, Jaipur Metro, UP Metro, MP Metro, Bihar Metro etc inspected Lucknow Metro on 23.12.2020.
- He started his inspection from CCS Airport Metro Station.
- He inspected metro stations for different safety arrangements and facilities for passengers and then proceeded to Transport Nagar Metro depot.
- He reviewed Lucknow Metro Workshop, Metro Training Centre, Operation Control Centre and safety performance of Lucknow Metro.
- UPMRC’s senior officials including Shri Sushil Kumar, Director (Operations), Shri Atul Kumar Garg, Director (Rolling Stock) and General Managers of Operations, Civil, Rolling Stock, Traction and S&T departments.
- He expressed his delight over excellent safety performance by Lucknow Metro and complemented efforts of UPMRC in adopting new techniques and systems to improve safety in operations and maintenance.
- The CMRS then inspected and travelled in the driving cab of Metro Train from Transport Nagar Metro station to Hazratganj metro station and inspected track safety including all other safety aspects of metro stations, passenger safety, track safety, track structure, electrical systems etc.
- He also interacted with Train Operators, Station Controllers and checked their safety awareness and was satisfied with their response.
- The inspection was followed by a meeting with Shri Kumar Keshav, MD/UPMRC at UPMRC Administrative Building, Gomti Nagar in which various safety aspects in upcoming projects of Kanpur and Agra Metros were discussed.
- He expressed his happiness on the excellent progress of the ongoing metro projects and the approach being taken for passenger safety and facilities in these projects.
Source: UPMRC-Press Release