The National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s M.G. Contractors Pvt Ltd for Construction of Bridges for 5 (Five) special bridges including 01 (one) PSC Bridge and erection of 04 (four) Steel Truss Bridges between Vadodara and Ahmedabad for the construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail corridor. [Package No. MAHSR-P-1(C)], on 20th July 2021.
The financial bids of 3 (three) bidders were opened and M/s M.G.Contractors Pvt Ltd is the lowest bidder.
- Package No.: MAHSR-P-1(C)
- Awarded Value: INR 261.24 Crores
- Completion Period (in days): 1096
In November last year, the NHSRCL invited tenders for Package No.: MAHSR-P-1(C).
Recently, the NHSRCL issued a Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to M/s M.G. Contractors Pvt Ltd for Construction of Bridges for 11 (eleven) special bridges including 04 (four) PSC Bridges and erection of 07 (seven) Steel Truss Bridges between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat Border and Vadodara, in the State of Gujarat and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli for the Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail. [Package No. MAHSR-P-1(B)].
The first High Speed Rail corridor to be implemented in the Country, with technical and financial assistance of the Government of Japan, has been identified from Mumbai to Ahmedabad.
- With a total twelve stations in the States of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the corridor will have a length of 508.17 Km.
- Where high speed rail will cover 155.76 kms in the state of Maharashtra (7.04 Kms in Mumbai sub-urban, 39.66 kms in Thane district & 109.06 kms in Palghar district), 4.3 kms in union territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and 348.04 kms in the state of Gujarat.
- High speed rail will cover a total 12 stations namely Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, (in Maharashtra), Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad and Sabarmati (in Gujarat).
- Where a limited stop (in Surat & Vadodara) service will cover this distance in 1 hr. and 58 mins and all stops service will take 2 hr. 57 min to cover this distance.
- High speed rail will be operating at a speed of 320 Km/hr at an elevated (10 to 15 m) track above the ground on a viaduct all along except 26 kms in Mumbai, which will be underground.
- All stations will be elevated except Bandra Kurla Complex station (Mumbai), which will be underground.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL