National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) has opened financial bids for for Construction of Bridges for 5 (Five) special bridges including 01 (one) PSC Bridge and erection of 04 (four) Steel Truss Bridges between Vadodara and Ahmedabad for the construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail corridor. [Package No. MAHSR-P-1(C)], on 20th July 2021.
The financial bids of 3 (three) bidders were opened and M/s M.G.Contractors Pvt Ltd is the lowest bidder.
- Package No.: MAHSR-P-1(C)
In November last year, the NHSRCL invited tenders for Package No. MAHSR-P-1(C).
Meanwhile, NHSRCL on 16th July 2021 opened financial bids for Construction of Bridges for 11 (eleven) special bridges including 04 (four) PSC Bridges and erection of 07 (seven) Steel Truss Bridges between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat Border and Vadodara, in the State of Gujarat and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli for the Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail. [Package No. MAHSR-P-1(B)].
- The financial bids of 3 (three) technically qualified bidders were opened and M/s M.G.Contractors Pvt Ltd is the lowest bidder.
- In November last year, the NHSRCL invited tenders for Package No. MAHSR-P-1(B).
- The scope of works for Package No. MAHSR-P-1(B) includes Construction of Bridges for Double Line High Speed Railway for 04 No. PSC Bridges (GAD 9, 10, 11 & 1441) and 07 No. Steel Truss Bridges (GAD 68, 1134, 12, 61, 14, 15 & 62) [excluding fabrication and transportation of steel truss girders] between Zaroli Village at Maharashtra-Gujarat Border (MAHSR Km. 156.600) and Vadodara (MAHSR Km. 393.700), in the State of Gujarat and the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli for the Project for Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail.
About the Project:
- NHSRCL is implementing a 508 Km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Railway Project (hereinafter called as Project) starting from Bandra Kurla Complex in Maharashtra and terminating at Sabarmati in Gujarat.
- The Project would be developed with the use of Japanese high speed rail technology (i.e. Shinkansen system).
- The length of alignment is 508 Km (approx.) with a double line and will be passing through two states, Maharashtra (155.642 Km) and Gujarat (350.530 Km), and one UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli (2 KMs).
- Most of the alignment, about 92.4%, will be elevated and a small portion of about 2.5% will be on the cut & fill section.
- Twelve stations are proposed at Mumbai, Thane, Virar, Boisar, Vapi, Bilimora, Surat, Bharuch, Vadodara, Anand, Ahmedabad, and Sabarmati.
- The station at Mumbai will be Underground and all other stations will be elevated.
- There are 8 mountain tunnels and one underground tunnel of 21 Km with 7 Km under sea (Thane Creek) portion.
- Two numbers of Rolling stock depot & several maintenance/sub-maintenance depots (35 nos) are proposed along the alignment.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender Update | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL