Share with your network
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has issued a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) to M/s Malwa Automotive Pvt Ltd for proposal (RFP) for “Contract PD-20R: Property Development at Majlis Park Metro Station (Line-7)”.
- Contract: PD-20R
- Awarded Value: INR 12.67 Lakh
- Work Completion Period (in days): 5475
In April this year, DMRC had invited a tender for Contract: PD-20R.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), a joint venture of the Government of India (GOI) and the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCTD) implementing the Delhi Metro Rail Projects, has been mandated by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) (formerly known as Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD)) to undertake value capture from property development initiatives for sustainable revenue generation for the DMRC vide its Policy Circular No K-14011/8/2000-MRTS (Pt.) dt 30.3.2009.
- Through this RFP Document, DMRC intends to select a “lessee” to take up on ‘Lease basis’, the spaces available for property development at Majlis Park Metro Station of Delhi Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) (hereinafter referred to as “Project Site”). This Leasing has been envisaged to generate up-front and recurring revenues to DMRC to supplement its non fare-box collections in the operation phase. An information document covering the purpose of the lease, details of space available at metro station etc. may be downloaded from the website http://eprocure.gov.in/eprocure/app.
- The Majlis Park Metro Station is located on the Line-7 Pink Line of the Delhi Metro. The site is close to prime residential and commercial localities of Adarsh Nagar. A copy of the site plan is attached as Annexure-6. Apart from metro accessibility, the site lies between outer ring roads, which offers good connectivity. All these factors make the site attractive for future potential for commercial development.
- Majlis Park is a prominent station where approx. 406 Sqm PD area is available which is proposed to be leased out for various uses as detailed in this document. The space is ideally suitable for commercial shops and food joints.
- As proposed built up area for Property Development is planned at the Concourse Level. Hence building plans approvals from local bodies are not required.
Scope of Work:
- According to the tender document, the Lessee shall, at its sole expense and risk, carry out the financing, construction, procurement, management, operations and maintenance of the Leased Area in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
- Activities allowed in the leased premise shall be governed by the extent provisions of Master Plan of Delhi or any activities permitted by the local authority under the administrative jurisdiction. Indicative nature of the activities and facilities that are allowed at the Leased Space(s) are as under:
- Shopping complex / shopping mall / shopping plaza
- Departmental Store, Discount Store, Hypermarket
- Restaurants, Fast Food Stalls, Kiosks, food court, hotel
- Offices, Banks, lounge.
- Educational Institutes, coaching centre
- Computer Training Centres, IT centers
- Showrooms for Consumer goods like Garments, Electronics / electrical
- Items, general utilities, automobiles etc.
- The Lessee may use or allow the use of the Leased Area for other activities which are not envisaged in Clause 4.3.2 above, only after taking prior written approval of DMRC.
- The Lessee shall carry out the designing and development of the Leased Area in strict compliance with all applicable laws, in particular, applicable building codes and standards and good industry practice, which shall not in any manner endanger the commuters or the Project Site.
- Further, it is agreed and understood by the Lessee that proprietary interest on all development carried out by the Lessee on the Leased Space(s) shall vest with the Lesser and the Lessee relinquishes all its rights in such development in favor of the Lesser. The guidelines for Fit-out Activities will be provided by DMRC and shall be followed strictly by the Lessee.
- Subject to terms of this Agreement and approval of the DMRC, the Lessee shall be free to design the layout plan and undertake the subdivision and partitioning works, interior design works along with utilities like power supply, water supply, toilets, drainage, HVAC, fire fighting, and telecommunications.
- Before applying to any other competent authority for sanction of the scheme/Leased Space(s) layout, the Lessee is required to primarily obtain DMRC’s written approval on its proposed drawings and specifications with due consideration of accessibility for maintenance of existing utilities i.e. water supply, power supply, fire fighting, telecommunication, bearing etc. to ensure that the proposed developments do not conflict with the DMRC’s activities and functional requirements, structural aspects, utilities and all traffic movement requirements.
- It is agreed that DMRC shall not unreasonably interfere with the internal layout of the complex proposed by the Lessee. DMRC shall convey its decision within a maximum period of 30(thirty) days after scrutinizing the submission. Delay by DMRC in communicating such a decision beyond the 30 days period, shall not be construed as an approval.
- In case DMRC is not satisfied and raises any objections, the Lessee shall be required to appropriately amend/modify his scheme / Leased Space(s) layout within a reasonable time frame and seek DMRC’s approval on the same. The Lessee shall approach any other competent authority for sanction of the design etc. only after receiving the written approval of DMRC.
- The Lessee shall use only standard materials including but not restricted to electrical materials as per standards prevalent in DMRC. In this connection the Lessee is required to get approval of all material from the concerned department of DMRC before commencement of works during the Moratorium Period.
- Save as on account of Force Majeure or reasons solely attributable to DMRC with no contributory factor of the Lessee, the Lessee shall have to complete in all respects the Fit-out Activities within the Moratorium Period and DMRC may thereafter be entitled to restrict the development on the Leased Space(s).
- The liability of the Lessee to pay the consideration and other amounts to DMRC shall however commence from the Commencement Date as stated in Article 3 and the Lease Period shall be restricted to 15 years from the Commencement Date notwithstanding the time allowed for completion under this Clause.
- For delays on account of Force Majeure or reasons attributable solely to DMRC with no contributory factor of the Lessee, the due date for the first Lease Fee and Lease Period shall be extended accordingly by the ‘period of delay’ in the sole discretion of DMRC, however, no financial claims shall be entertained by DMRC on this account.
- The Lessee acknowledges and accepts that the parking facility shall be as per the availability of the Project Site and no special arrangement or exclusive parking area shall be provided by DMRC.
- The Lessee shall make its own fire-fighting arrangements for the Leased Area. Such fire-fighting arrangements shall conform to the IS Code of Practice / Delhi Fire Services norms.
- The Lessee shall ensure installation of automatic sprinkler systems, fire alarm & detection system as per the approval of DMRC and shall only commence the required activities on the Leased Space(s) only upon inspection and approval by the concerned department of DMRC.
- In this connection, the Lessee will provide unfettered access to DMRC’s officers for the purpose of inspection from time to time and shall at own risk and cost install and complete works as may be instructed by the officers of DMRC.
- DFS approval for the Station PD area is not available. The lessee may coordinate with the concerned authorities for obtaining the DFS approval of the station including the said PD area. 2 hr. fire rated segregation is also required in between the station and PD area, which shall be done by the lessee.
- The Lessee shall be solely responsible and liable for development of the Leased Area and implementation of the scheme/Leased Space(s) layout. DMRC shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever to either the Lessee or its contractors or agents and Sub-Lessees for any default or failure by the Lessee to comply with statutory requirements, design and construction as per the Applicable Laws in particular building codes and good industry practice, observance of safety and security measures at Leased Space(s) etc.
- It is the Lessee’s sole responsibility to obtain all necessary clearances and sanctions from competent authorities for approval to the various safety measures such as fire alarm, detection & fighting, required to be installed at the Leased Area. DMRC shall only provide assistance wherever possible (without any legal and binding obligation) to facilitate such a process.
- The Lessee shall ensure that no structural damage is caused to the existing buildings and other permanent structures in the surrounding area and on site as a result of its activities or any of its agents, contractors, tenants, etc.
Source: DMRC-Tender Update
Be the first to comment