To fulfil the demand of local passengers, a passenger train service was flagged off on 24th September, 2021 by Smt. Darshana Jardosh, Hon’ble Minister of State of Railways & Textiles remotely through video link from N. F. Railway Headquarters where Hon’ble Member of Parliaments namely Smt. Queen Oja, Shri Kripanath Mallah, Shri Pradan Baruah, Shri Bhubaneswar Kalita, Shri Pallab Lochan Das, Shri Kamakhya Prasad Tasa and Shri Topon Kumar Gogoi were also present.
- Earlier, Hon’ble Minister of State of Railways also held discussion with Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma about various issues connected with the development of railway infrastructure in the state.
- Minister of State of Railways, Smt. Darshana Jardosh also met His Excellency Hon’ble Governor of Assam Prof. Jagadish Mukhi and briefed him about enhancement of railway connectivity for overall economic development of the state.
- The services of Train No. 05803 New Bongaigaon – Guwahati daily passenger special resumed w.e.f. 24.09.2021will leave from New Bongaigaon at 17-05 hours to reach Guwahati at 21-40 hours.
- In return direction, services of Train no 05804 Guwahati – New Bongaigaon daily passenger special resumed w.e.f. 25.09.2021 leaving from Guwahati at 07-20 hours to reach New Bongaigaon at 12-15 hours.
- The train will run via Goalpara and will have 8 (eight) general class coaches and 2(two) luggage cum guard vans.
- The train will stop at 17 (seventeen) stations during its journey.
- This service is expected to be greatly helpful for local commuters and boost the local economy of the people of the region.
- Smt. Darshana Jardosh, Minister of State of Railways also reviewed various activities related to connectivity, operation and passenger amenities.
- Shri Anshul Gupta, General Manager/ Northeast Frontier Railway gave a presentation to the Minister on overall performance of Northeast Frontier Railway (Open line) and day to day functioning pertaining to operation of trains and development of passenger amenities in various states.
- Shri Sunil Sharma General Manager/Northeast Frontier Railway (Construction) along with senior railway officials from the construction organization also gave a presentation of the ongoing projects of Railway Construction in North east.
- Later, Smt. Darshana Jardosh, Minister of State of Railways inaugurated a new Oxygen Generator Plant of 500 LPM capacity and laid the foundation stone of a 40 bedded isolation ward at Central Hospital, Maligaon.
- The Oxygen Generator Plant will provide direct supply of oxygen to the patient admitted in the wards of the railway hospital.
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway-Press Release