Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has invited Bids (through e-tendering process) from eligible Bidder(s) for Design, fabrication, supply and erection of Pre-engineered steel buildings for stabling shed-2 and station platform shed at Aarey depot of Mumbai Metro Line-3 (Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ) project.
- Tender Reference Number: MMRC/ML-3/Car Depot/PEB/NIT/2022
- Name of Work: Design, fabrication, supply and erection of Pre-engineered steel buildings for stabling shed-2 and station platform shed at Aarey depot of Mumbai Metro Line-3 (Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ) project.
- Estimated Value: INR 38,62,00,000 Crore
- EMD: INR 19,31,000 Lakh
- Completion Period: 12 Months
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 03rd October, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 17th October, 2022
- Pre-Bid Meeting: 07th October, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 03rd October, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 17th October, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 18th October, 2022
- The objective of the contract is the design, construction completion, testing and commissioning of the permanent works by the Contractor (including without limitation, the design, construction and removal of the Temporary Works) and the rectification of defects appearing in Permanent Works in the manner and to the standards and within the time stipulated by the Contract.
- In full recognition of this objective, and with full acceptance of the obligations, liabilities and risks which may be involved, the Contractor shall undertake the execution of the Works.
Scope of Works:
- Scope includes preparation of detailed shop drawings, obtaining approval for material procurement, testing, fabrication at designated/approved locations, transporting the material to site, erection and commissioning as per the Technical specifications and Safety guidelines.
- The work content against the entire scope of work shall be included in items of BOQ. of the work “MML3-CBS-DPT-PEB: Design, Fabrication, Supply and Erection of Pre-Engineering Building Structural Steel Works at Aarey Depot-Cum-Workshop of Mumbai Metro Rail Line-3 Project of MMRCL. Broad scope of work of Civil Contractor is given below:
- Preparation and submission of Detailed design and Drawing for Roof structure
- Preparation and submission of shop drawing for approval of DDC/GC/MMRCL.
- Fabrication, painting, loading, packing, insurance & transportation, unloading and delivery of material at each individual site / building (Depot roof).
- Storage of materials at the fabrication yard.
- Mock up assembly of one typical frame for a Depot to be made available at your works for approval prior to dispatch.
- Erection and handing over.
- Roof Sheeting and drainage access.
- The detailed scope of work to include building components of metal roof sheets, side sheeting, purlins, translucent sheets for light (Polycarbonate), roof ventilators if any, PEB members, trims and flashings, gutters, downtake pipes, louvres, roof termination, roof fall arrest system, roof maintenance walkway, provision for lightning arrestor and aircraft warning lights, enabling works for installation of solar panels, Support system for Overhead Electrification (OHE), Cable tray brackets etc.
- The scope of works shall, inter-alia, include the following but not be limited to:
- All setting out and survey work;
- Temporary access roads and bridges, fencing, watching, security, electricity, water and lighting;
- All necessary arrangements for labour including labour camp, vehicle, water, electricity, Adequate lighting;
- Paying fees and complying with all requirements of the statutory authorities in accordance with Applicable Laws including obtaining all necessary permissions, approvals and licenses to carry out such works;
- Payment for all patent rights and royalties;
- Reinstatement of the Site;
- Safety precautions and all measures to prevent erosion and suppress fire and other hazards;
- Interference to the Works by persons, vehicles, and the like being legitimate users of the facilities on or in the vicinity of the Site;
- The protection and safety of tracks, trains and services of Indian Railway in the vicinity of the Site;
- Supplying, maintaining and removing on completion, the Contractor’s own accommodation, offices, stations, stores, workshops, transport, welfare services and other facilities including telephones and facsimile machines and all charges in connection therewith;
- Preparation of shop drawing, fabrication, supply, inspection, testing, transportation and erection of materials and of the Works as specified including the provision and use of equipment and arrangements for the Employer’s Representative and others;
- Maintaining public thoroughfares and footpaths, and maintaining access upon existing recognized routes;
- Providing, transporting to the Site, operating costs (including all fuel and consumable stores), maintaining and removing from the Site upon completion, all construction plant and Contractor’s equipment necessary for the Execution of the Works and including the cost of all tests and other requirements in respect of such plant and equipment.
- Working adjacent to or across existing services and installations.
- Complying with the requirements of the Employer with respect to earthing and bonding works for safety of human beings or assets, safety (including all cost of barricading, working in the vicinity of energised overhead lines, etc.) of the properties, utilities, public and/or employees, health, quality assurance, environmental, and project implementation plans and making periodical submissions;
- Coordination and interface of the Works with the works of the Designated Contractors on or in the vicinity of the Site;
- Remedying of defects and shrinkage, and works of amendment, reconstruction, replacement of other faults, fair wear and tear expected, during defects liability periods;
- Protections to be implemented against electromagnetic interference effects following line energization; earthing of roof structure to ground.
- Insurance as per the provisions of the Contract;
- All required machineries, cranes, derrick, tools, and equipment required for Execution of Works;
- Preparing shop floor drawings and supplying originals, copies, and electronic files in accordance with the Employer’s Requirements;
- Various bank guarantees/warranties/undertakings, as per the provisions of the Contract;
- Traffic management; and
- Erection, maintenance and removal of all Temporary Works and buildings.
- The tenderers will be qualified only if they have completed work(s) during last 10 (Ten) years ending on last day of previous month of the last date of submission of tender (i.e. 31.08.2022) as given below:
- At least one “similar work” * of value INR 30.90 crores or more.
- Two “similar works” * each of value INR 19.31 crores or more.
- Three “similar works” * each of value INR 15.44 crores or more.
- The “similar work” means Design, Supply, Fabrication and Erection of Prefabricated Steel Roof Structures including Roof Sheeting etc. for Metro Rail Depot workshops/ Metro Stations/ Railway Car sheds/ Railway Stations/ Airports/ Industrial/ Commercial projects/ Steel Pre-Engineered structures excluding E&M works.
- In case of joint venture / Consortium, full value of the work, if done by the same joint venture shall be considered. However, if the qualifying work(s) were done by them in a JV/Consortium having different constituents, then the value of work as per their percentage participation in such JV/Consortium shall be considered.
- If the tenderer is a JV/Consortium having foreign partner(s) and above work(s) have been executed by the foreign partner of JV and the work(s) were done in the country of the foreign partner, then in addition to this the foreign partner must have executed works of value INR 15.44 crore or more outside the country of the foreign partner.
- The tenderer shall submit details of works executed by them in the Performa of Appendix 17 of FOT for the works to be considered for qualification of work experience criteria. Documentary proof such as completion certificates from clients clearly indicating the nature/scope of work, actual completion cost and actual date of completion for such work should be submitted.
- The offers submitted without this documentary proof shall not be evaluated. In case the work is executed for private client, copy of work order, bill of quantities, bill wise details of payment received certified by C.A., T.D.S certificates for all payments received and a copy of the final/last bill paid by the client shall also be submitted.
- The similar work should have been executed by the tenderer themselves. The work done by the concessionaire on BOT basis where more than 50 percent of the work was executed through sub-contractors etc shall not be considered for qualification.
- Value of successfully completing a substantial portion of any ongoing work on the last day of previous month of the last date of tender submission i.e., upto 31.08.2022 will also be considered for qualification of work experience criteria. In case of ongoing works of similar nature, the tenderer shall submit a certificate issued by competent authority certifying substantial completion (85%) of Work.
- For completed works, the value of work done shall be updated on the last day of the previous month of the last date of submission of tender i.e. 31.08.2022 price level assuming 5% inflation for Indian Rupees every year and 2% for foreign currency portions per year. The exchange rate of foreign currency shall be applicable 28 days before the submission date of tender.
- If the above work(s) (i.e., Design, Fabrication, Supply and Erection of Pre-Engineering Building Structural Steel Works at Aarey depot-cum-work shop of Mumbai Metro Rail Line-3 Project of MMRCL comprise other works, then client’s certificate clearly indicating the amount of work done in respect of the “similar work” shall be furnished by the tenderer in support of the work experience along-with their tender submissions.
- Client’s Certificate shall be issued by competent authority and countersigned by an officer not below the rank of Executive Engineer or equivalent.
The RFP document is available for download from website www.tenderwizard.com/MMRC
Source: MMRCL -Tender | Image Credit (representational): MMRC