Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has invites Bids (through e-tendering process) from eligible Bidder(s), who may be a sole proprietorship firm, a partnership firm or a company incorporated under Companies Act 1956/2013 and having registered office in India, or a combination of above in the form of Joint Venture (JV) or Consortium, for developing Detailed Project Report for creating direct pedestrian subway connection between Metro Line 3 Stations and adjoining developments. The RFP details are as follows:
- Tender / Bid No.: MMRC/Planning/NFBR/Direct Access/30C/RFP01/2021
- Name of Work: Preparation of Detailed Project Report for Direct Subway Connection between Metro Line 3 Stations and Adjoining Developments.
- Completion period of Work: 10 Months
- Pre bid meeting: 24/05/2021
- Last date of submission: 18/06/2021
- Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (MMRCL) a JV-SPV (50:50) of Government of India (GoI) and Government of Maharashtra (GoM) is implementing Mumbai Metro Line 3 which is a 33.5 km fully underground metro corridor with 26 underground stations and 1 at grade.
- The project is financed through Equity and Subordinate Debt contributions from GoI and GoM, financial contributions by MMRDA, MIAL as stakeholder and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) loan assistance.
- As per the Union Cabinet approval granted for this project, Rs. 1,000 cr is to be mobilised from value capture from property development initiatives by MMRCL for which GoM has granted certain lands to MMRCL.
- Mumbai Metro Line 3 is a fully underground corridor connecting Mumbai’s first business district at Nariman Point with newer business districts at Lower Parel, Bandra Kurla Complex and SEEPZ.
- The alignment also connects several major transport hubs including the CST, Churchgate and Mumbai Central stations as well as the Mumbai Airport.
Objectives of Consultancy Services:
- Conduct detailed topographic survey and finalise alignment for the direct access subway in coordination with the MMRCL and the interested stakeholder.
- Develop detailed engineering drawings including structural, MEP and subway finishing for the development of the subway.
- Prepare Good for Tender Drawings and BOQ for appointment of contractor.
- Prepare tender documents for appointment of contractor
Scope of Services:
Survey and Alignment Finalisation:
- Consultant shall carry out a thorough site visit of the station area and the developer’s site with the objective of identifying potential alignments, location for proposed entry/exit structures and other engineering related requirements.
- The consultant shall review the detailed station drawings available with MMRCL and following meetings with MMRCL team, identify suitable locations within the station box for the start of the subway.
- Conduct joint meetings with the developer and MMRCL and identify indicative alignment of the subway.
- Following the identification of a preferred alignment, the consultant shall consult with MMRC and other relevant agencies to get utility alignments and ascertain the location, depth and type of utilities present along the proposed alignment. v.Locations of underground and surface utilities shall be superimposed on the drawings.
- Decisions regarding Temporary diversion/permanent diversion/supporting in existing positions should be made after consulting MMRC and respective operating authorities.
- A detailed topographic survey shall be carried out which shall include all street and natural and built features.
- Geotechnical investigation: As part of the Metro Line 3 construction, MMRC has bore logs for the immediate station area. The consultant shall review the same and carry out additional geotechnical investigations if required.
- Finalise alignment considering site topographic conditions, utilities, geo-technical investigation and site related constraints.
- In coordination with MMRCL and the Developer finalise the key subway parameters including the width,type of finish, location of ventilation shafts (if required), electrical and MEP requirements.
- Considering the site conditions, cost and time taken for the development of the subway, identify the most appropriate tunnelling technique to be followed.
Detailed Design of the Subway:
Based on the agreed upon subway cross sections, detailed design of the subway has to be developed.
- Based on the location within the developer’s property that the subway is to end, developers design requirements, depth of concourse level of station, location of utilities and other site related constraints, plot the alignment of the subway on the topographic survey as well as fix the depth of the subway along its entire alignment.
- In coordination with the developer and MMRCL, finalise the space requirements such as security requirements, advertisement and promotion space etc. Based on these requirements prepare detailed cross sections and plans for the subway.
- Create a design brief and design basis report which details the standards and basis for which the detailed designs shall be prepared. This may also include provisions for travelators, electric carts etc. depending on the length of the subway.
- The design of the Subway alignment and structure should consider following factors:
- Operational requirements.
- Subway entrance location requirements.
- Structural Requirements.
- Future connections/ expansion.
- Land availability.
- Security requirement.
- Finalised construction methodology that is to be used for the construction of the tunnel and identify the detailed space requirements for the construction activities.
- Preparing Detailed Design drawings for the subway-Project team may provide inputs.
- Identify MEP requirements for the subway including lighting, ventilation, drainage and prepare detailed designs for the same-Project team may provide inputs.
- Identify the at grade requirements such as ventilation shaft, sub station etc. that may be required-Project team may provide inputs
- Prepare detailed structural and MEP designs of the at-grade structure requirements-Project team may provide inputs.
The RFP document is available for download from website www.tenderwizard.com/MMRC.
Source: MMRC-Tender | Image Credit: MMRC