The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (MMRCL) has invited Request for Proposal (RFP) from interested entities for Selection of Consultant for Bid Process Management of Non Fare Box Revenue Streams for Mumbai Metro Line-3.
- Tender No.: MMRCL/Planning/PLN49/NFBR/RFP/01/2021
- Name of Work: Consultancy Services for “Bid Process Management of Non Fare Box Revenue Streams for Mumbai Metro Line-3”.
- EMD: INR 1,00,000/
- Completion period of Work: 18 Months
- Pre-bid Meeting: 27.01.2021
- Opening of Technical Bid: 23.02.2021
Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (MMRCL), a JV-SPV (50:50) of Government of India (GoI) and Government of Maharashtra (GoM) is implementing Mumbai Metro Line-3 which is a 33.5 km fully underground metro corridor with 27 stations.
- As per the Union Cabinet approval granted for this project, INR 1,000 Cr. is to be mobilised from Non-Fare Box Revenue means.
- MMRCL has carried out a Feasibility Study for Non-Fare Box Revenue (NFBR) generation which has identified all the NFBR heads and prepared draft RFPs for the appointment of agencies.
- Work on the construction of Mumbai Metro Line-3 is in full swing; over 87% of the metro tunnelling works have been completed till October 2020 and station works are on-going.
- The station interior designs are under preparation and are expected to be finalised shortly.
- The metro is scheduled to become operational in two phases:
- Phase 1: Aarey to BKC – September 2022.
- Phase 2: BKC to Cuffe Parade – March 2023.
- Considering the current status of project implementation, MMRCL has decided to go ahead with the appointment of Consultant for various Non-Fare Box Revenue streams including leasing of In-Station Commercial Spaces and Advertisement Rights.
Objective of the Consultancy Assignment:
- The Consultant shall review the NFBR feasibility report, evaluation of EOI for In-Station Commercial Space Leasing and the draft RFPs and finalise the tender documents and assist MMRCL in the bidding process to select suitable agencies for the identified NFBR heads.
- Following award of contracts, the Consultant shall assist with preparing concession agreements and signing of the agreement with the winning Consultant. The scope of work is summarised in the table below and further detailed in Section 8 of the RFP document.
Scope of work:
|SN||Name of Work||Description|
|1||Transaction Advisory for:||General:||Specific:|
|i. In-Station Commercial Development||
||Finalise strategy for publishing RFPs – Master Concessionaire or individual tenders – for different types of commercial spaces|
|ii. Advertisement Tender Process||Advertisement inventory for all stations:
Advertisement rights inside Direct Access Subways:
Liasioning & finalizing In-Tunnel Advertising Operators:
|2||Metro Station Direct Access||
|3||Onboarding Support for allcontracts||
The RFP document is available to download on the following website: www.tenderwizard.com/MMRCL.
Source: MMRC-Press Release | Image Credit (representational): MMRC