Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has invited Request for Appointment of the consultant for obtaining forest clearance for the construction of Mumbai Metro Line-9 Subhash Chandra Bose Stadium to proposed Car Depot at Dongari Dist. Thane including foundation of EHV towers for Mumbai Metro Rail Project.
- Tender Reference No: MMRDA/ML-9/MMRP/CA-195
- Name of Work: Appointment of the consultant for obtaining forest clearance for the construction of Mumbai Metro Line-9 Subhash Chandra Bose Stadium to proposed Car Depot at Dongari Dist. Thane including foundation of EHV towers for Mumbai Metro Rail Project.
- Estimated Cost: 14,91,432.60/-
- EMD: INR 17,600/-
- Contract Period: 09 Months
- Document Download Sale/Start Date: 09th Nov, 2023
- Document Download Sale/End Date: 16th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 09th Nov, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 16th Nov, 2023
- Opening Date: 17th Nov, 2023
The Project in Brief:
The government of Maharashtra (GoM) and Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) intend to improve the transport scenario in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).
MMRDA has completed Comprehensive Transportation Study (CTS) for MMR that has identified transport infrastructure for the year 2031. There are various ideas of CTS which are recommended of which few are being implemented in a phased manner.
Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority MRDA) is a planning, development, coordinating and implementing agency established to ensure the balanced development combined with sustainable growth of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR).
MMRDA’s focus has been to make the MMR a primary destination of economic activities by promoting infrastructure development and improving the quality of life. In this context, MMRDA has been instrumental in providing various infrastructure facilities in the region.
Scope of the Consultant:
- Submission of online proposal of Forest Clearance on PARIVESH proposal, acceptance of online submitted proposal by Nodal office, submission of hard copy of proposal to DFO, Mumbai Mangrove Conservation Cell, Forest Dept. and the District Collector, and upload of acknowledgement of submission of proposal on online portal.
- Timely reply / compliances of essential information sought by forest department against submitted proposal.
- Obtaining FRA under the recognition of Forest Rights Act, 2006 from the District Collector Office.
- Follow up with DFO office for recommending the project to CCF/APCCF, Mangrove Cell, Mumbai.
- Follow up with the APCCF, Mangrove cell for recommending the project to APCCF/Nodal officer, Nagpur.
- Follow up with the Nodal officer (FC), Nagpur for recommending the project to APCCF, Regional Office, Nagpur and getting Stage I Clearance.
- Assisting MMRDA to make necessary payment as per demand note received from DFO to carry out Compensatory plantation with maintenance cost, Net present Value of the land, tree felling cost etc.
- Assisting in Submitting the compliance of Stage I conditions to the forest department.
- Obtaining work permit and tree felling permission from concerned authority.
- Follow up with the forest department to issue Stage-II clearance and assist in submitting the first six monthly compliance of Stage II conditions to the forest department.
- Identifying and confirming the part of Reserved/Protected Forest land likely to be affected under Right of Way (RoW).
- GPS survey to be carried out in the affected forest areas.
- Detailed species-wise and diameter class-wise abstract of trees both scheduled and non- schedule to be felled should be furnished in the prescribed form.
- Legal status verification of all survey nos. including Forest and non-forest land involved under the project.
- Mangroves/Tree counting should be carried out in the local forest division/range office and further it will be verified by the concerned Range Forest officer/ DFO.
- Data of affected trees i.e., enumeration species, girth wise, timber calculation in social forestry area and non-forest area to be enumerated and verified by the concerned revenue and forest office.
- Mangroves within affected areas of proposed forest land to be diverted will be enumerated and verified by the concern department.
- Preparing a Map of the forest area showing boundaries of the adjoining forests etc. in 1:50,000 scale or any suitable scale (as required) should be submitted.
- Revenue maps of affected villages should be submitted duly marked on the proposed forest land to be diverted.
- Conducting site inspections for FRA and submitting proposals along with maps to various concerned authorities.
- The detailed proposal is to be submitted to the forest department and assist MMRDA in compiling and correcting the proposal as required by the forest department and pursuance of the same till obtaining clearance from Forest Department.
- The Consultant has to make all the required presentations before the statutory authorities. The consultant should take technical follow up till final clearance is obtained from MoEF&CC.
- Identification and carrying out necessary surveys for compensatory afforestation and measurement.
- Preparing Forest area diversion proposal to get the permission of forest land for non- forestry use.
- Making payments through MMRDA of approved compensation after obtaining clearance.
- Getting final clearance including completing mandatory duties as payment of approved compensations.
- Submission of comprehensive Final Report (with soft copies) to MMRDA.
The consultancy firms must meet all the following eligibility criteria, The Bidder shall have experience of consultancy in ‘similar works’ for the last seven years ending 31.10.2023 should be either of the following:
- At least one similar work of Rs. 14.08 Lakhs, or
- At least two similar works of Rs. 8.80 Lakhs, or
- At least three similar works of Rs. 7.04 Lakhs.
‘Similar Work’ means “Providing Consultancy works (obtained at least stage-1 forest clearance) for infrastructure projects.”
The bidder shall have experience of obtaining Forest clearance for at least 1 project in MMR during the last seven years ending 31.10.2023.
Annual turnover (average of last 5 years i.e., 2018-19 to 2022-23) of the consultancy firm should be equal to or more than Rs. 17.60 Lakhs (Rupees Seventeen Lakhs Sixty Thousand Only) from the consultancy services.
The Tenderer should submit work completion certificates of ‘similar work’ duly signed by competent Authority not lower than Executive Engineer for Government work or Project Manager for reputed private company works.
In case the work is executed for a reputed private Company, bidder will have to produce document of LOA, Completion certificate, work order with BOQ, bill wise details of payment received and certified by CA, TDS certificates for all payments received and copy of final/last bill paid by client shall also be submitted.
Tender documents can be obtained online from MMRDA e-Tendering Portal: https://mahatenders.gov.in/nicgep/app
Source: MMRDA- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MMRDA