Share with your network
The MMRDA (Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority) has restarted work on 9 metro line projects. The authorities have undertaken work only in non-containment zones, however, which is in line with the BMC guidelines to keep containment zones locked down to avoid spreading of COVID-19.
- MMRDA tweeted,”Due to the current #COVID19 pandemic the Metro work had halted, however, with extreme precautions, MMRDA has resumed construction of the Metro Project.”
Due to the current #COVID19 pandemic the Metro work had halted, however, with extreme precautions, MMRDA has resumed construction of the Metro Project. pic.twitter.com/h3a1QFIr9w
— MMRDA (@MMRDAOfficial) April 20, 2020
- “With safety of the workers and commitment to #Mumbaikars being of paramount importance, the construction work has commenced on Package 3 of NCC at #MetroLine7,” MMRDA said in another tweet.
- MMRDA further tweeted,”MMRDA is dedicated to provide the best in any situation. Transformers erection work has resumed at the Charkop RSS on #MetroLine2A by Electrical/System.”
- Contractors have been asked to start working as long as they receive permission from the relevant departments and wards.
- “Work on Metro projects will begin from April 20 (Monday). We will follow all the guidelines of social distancing and have already put in place precautionary measures at the sites,” an official said.
- Also, workers have been provided with masks, gloves, and hand sanitizers.
Image Credit: MMRDA
Be the first to comment