Share with your network
The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has planned to develop Multi-Modal Integration (MMI) facilities for the metro line 2A and 7. The two metro lines are expected to be operational by December 2020.
- The construction work of Line 2 (now Yellow Line) and Line 7 (now Red Line) are on advance stages of completion.
- These metro lines will get MMI first and other Metro lines will follow suit subsequently.
- Adding multi-modal integration to key metro stations will improve connectivity, particularly since most Metro lines are situated near commercial or residential areas.
- Already, the MMRDA has called tenders for contractors and project management consultants to assist with the multi-modal integration on Metro lines.
- The MMI will be split into multiple packages for the contractors.
- Packages 1 and 2 will be reserved for 8 stations, while the tender costs have been set at Rs 82.55 crore and Rs 98.15 crore respectively.
- Packages 3 and 4 will cover 7 stations at a tender cost of Rs 91.04 crore and Rs 85.12 crore.
Be the first to comment