Mr. Kamran Rizvi has been appointed as the new chairman of Patna Metro Rail Corporatio. The SPV namely Patna Metro Rail Corporation Limited (PMRCL) constituted for the Metro project in Patna consists of 5 directors each at the center and the state.
Mr. Rizvi is a 1991 batch IAS officer of UP cadre and is currently serving as Additional Secretary in the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry.
Story so far:
- The task of construction of the Metro Rail in Patna has been given to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).
- The priority corridor from Rajendra Nagar station to New ISBT has been targeted to be completed in 3 years.
- The next meeting of the Metro Board is expected soon.
- Meanwhile, the DMRC has suggested several changes in the alignment of both two corridors of the Metro project and the approval for this has to be taken from the board.
About the Patna Metro project:
- In February last year, the union cabinet had approved Patna Metro Rail Project having two Metro Rail Corridors, namely (i) Danapur to Mithapur (ii) Patna Railway Stationof New ISBT at an estimated cost of Rs.13365.77 crore.
- The length of Danapur to Mithapur corridor is 16.94 km, which is mostly underground (11.20 km) and partly elevated (5.48 km) and comprises of 11 Stations (3-Elevated and 8-Underground).
- The length of Patna Station to New ISBT corridor is 14.45 km, which is mostly elevated (9.9 km) and partly underground (4.55 km) and comprising of 12 stations (9-Elevated and 3-Underground).
- The Patna Metro project is being developed on the Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
- The Centre would bear 20% of the cost as Viability Gap Fund, while the state government would provide the same share.
- The remaining amount would be borne by the private company involved in the construction of the Metro Rail.
In April this year, the DMRC had invited online open e-tenders for the “Civil works for construction of New ISBT Rail Depot for Phase-I of Patna MRTS”. The entire scope of work includes — Civil works for construction of New ISBT Rail Depot including earth filling, boundary wall, depot buildings, workshop, inspection shed, plumbing, drainage, external development, architectural finishes, road works, design and construction of PEB works etc. at New ISBT Patna for Phase-I of Patna MRTS.
Be the first to comment