The DMRC which has the largest operational metro network in the country of over 390 KMs has strengthened its operation and maintenance (O&M) wing with the appointment of Mr. Vikas Kumar as Director (Operations) and Mr. A K Garg, who was so far looking after O&M as Director (Operations), as Director (Infrastructure).
- Mr. Vikas Kumar, an officer of the 1988 batch of Indian Railway Traffic Service, was earlier working as Executive Director/ Operations in DMRC.
- He is an Electrical Engineering graduate from IIT, Roorkee (1987) and did M. Tech from IIT, Delhi in 1989.
- He has significant working experience of more than 31 years including 14 years with Indian Railways and over 17 years of experience with the Delhi Metro.
- He has also received a number of awards from the Indian Railways and DMRC during his career.
- Director (Operations) will now be primarily looking after matters pertaining to operations, fare and non-fare revenue, last mile connectivity, parking, safety & security, Delhi Metro Rail Academy etc.
- while, Director (Infrastructure) will be looking after the maintenance of infrastructure including, civil, electrical, signaling and telecommunication, rolling stock, upgradation or renewal issues, solar power etc.
Source: DMRC-Press Release