MRIDC has invited e-bids in two packet system from eligible tenderers for “Construction of Road Over Bridges (ROBs) at 3 Locations (i.e. Pune-Miraj Section at LC No. 112- km 239/1-2, LC No. 119 – km 256/6-7 and LC No. 465 – km 764/5-6) in Lieu of LC Gates in Maharashtra area on Pune Division of Central Railway.
- Tender No.: MRIDC/PROJ/e-TENDER/ROB/2021/107
- Estimated cost of the work: Rs. 60,57,28,520/-
- Completion period: 300 days
- Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (MRIDC), is a joint venture company of Govt. of Maharashtra and Ministry of Railways for implementation of various Railway Projects in the territory of Maharashtra.
- The aim of the company is to provide a boost to the Rail Infrastructure projects in and around Maharashtra State.
- There are several projects of new Railway Lines, Gauge conversion, doubling, Road Over Bridges, Road Under Bridges & Limited Height Subways waiting for implementation.
- The aim of the company is to take a leap forward in implementing railway related infra projects.
Road Over Bridges: Overview
A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between Govt. of Maharashtra and MRIDC for implementation of all Road Over Bridges (ROBs) in Maharashtra State by MRIDC.
- There are a total 307 ROBs/RUBs to be implemented.
- Development of ROBs Phase-wise:
- Phase I – 69
- Phase II – 82
- Phase III – 156
- MCGM has signed an MOU with MRIDC to construct 11 ROBs and 1 RUB in Mumbai and Suburban region while MMRDA has signed an MOU for construction of 2 ROBs in Mumbai and 4 ROBs and 1 RUB in Thane District.
- Time frame of construction of each ROB is 150 days to 250 days.
Other Recent Tender:
Meanwhile, MRIDC has invited e-bids in two packet system for “Supply, Erection Testing and Commissioning of 25 kV, 50 Hz, Single Phase, Traction Overhead Equipment, Traction Substation, Switching station and other associated works from chainage (-) 1.214 to chainage 105.000 & WCL siding, Chord line, loop lines, bridges etc. in connection with Railway Electrification Work between Naghbir to Itwari Section in Nagpur Division of South East Central Railway”
- Tender No.: MRIDC/PROJ/e-TENDER/OHE/2021/108
- Estimated cost of the work (excluding GST): Rs. 59,61,52,775/
- Completion period: 300 days
About the Project:
- MRIDC is implementing the Gauge conversion work with Electrification between Nagpur (Itwari) and Nagbhid (116 km) along with Railway Station Development.
- Nagpur and Nagbhir are linked directly by a Narrow-Gauge Railway network via Umrer and by two Broad Gauge Railway networks via Wardha and Gondia.
- However, Nagpur – Wardha and Nagpur – Gondia routes are saturated and over utilized.
- Out of the 628 km narrow gauge network under Nagpur division of South East Central Railway, only Nagpur – Nagbhir /106.2 km is pending for conversion.
- Therefore, the main aim of this project is to convert the existing Narrow Gauge to Broad Gauge to faster the coal movement from coal mines of WCL Chandrapur and Umrer area to KTPS (Koradi Thermal Power Station), APML (Adani Power Maharashtra Ltd.) Tiroda and NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation) Mouda/Chacher and to reduce the congestion on existing routes.
Source: MRIDC-Tender | Image Credit (representational): MRIDC