In continuation to the tender for to appoint Consultant for Proof Checking of Indian Railways Standard Specifications & Design parameters for various components of High Speed Rail line, the Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (MRIDC) has now invited e-bids in two packet system from eligible tenderers for “Providing Consultancy Services for Detailed Design of Tunnels in all respect in Connection with Broad Gauge Double Railway Line Project between Pune-Nashik (Speed Potential of 250 kmph) and Association during implementation of project as Technical Advisory Body / Consultant.”
- e-Tender No.: MRIDC/PROJ/e-TENDER/DESIGN/TUNNELS/2021/95
- Start Date: 03.05.2021
- End Date / Time: 04.06.2021
Consultancy Duration: 150 Days + Construction duration of tunnels (Approx. 36 months from the date of approval of final designs). Notice inviting tender (NIT) and Eligibility and qualification criteria (EQC) can be downloaded from MRIDC’S official website www.maharail.com and e-bidding portal www.tenderwizard.com/MAHARAIL.
No JV Firm shall be allowed to participate in this tender.
Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (MRIDC), is a joint venture of Govt. of Maharashtra and Ministry of Railways for implementation of various Railway Projects in the territory of Maharashtra in India.
- The aim of setting up this Joint Venture Govt., Company is to provide a boost to the Rail Infrastructure Projects in the Maharashtra State on the principle of cooperative federalism.
- The aim of the company is to take a leap forward in implementing railway related infra projects. There are several regions in Maharashtra State, having long pending demands for construction of new Railway lines, Gauge Conversion, Doubling of Rail Line & Construction of Road Over Bridges.
- MRIDC is aiming to complete the above-mentioned task with best possible solutions in the shortest possible time.
- Hence, MRIDC is intended to shortlist and approve the experienced and renowned Consultants to complete the work on fast track
About Pune-Nashik Semi High-Speed Rail Line:
In March this year, the Maharashtra Cabinet approved the proposed Greenfield Semi High Speed Railway Double Line with electrification between Pune and Nashik. The much-awaited Pune-Nashik Semi-High speed Rail Line would bring down travel time between two cities from present 06 hours to 01 hour 45 mins boosting passenger and freight movements.
- The Semi High Speed Trains will initially have 06 coaches designed to run at speed of 200 Km/Hr with future increment up to 250 Km/Hr on the Broad-Gauge line.
- The number of coaches will increase to 12 and then to 16.
- Thus, it will facilitate the creation of the Mumbai-Pune-Nashik golden triangle as an emerging economic hub.
- Earlier MRIDC had received “In Principal Approval” (IPA) from Ministry of Railways on 02.06.2020 and approval from Central Railway on 10.02.2020 for implementing Greenfield Semi-High Speed Broad Gauge Double Line between Pune and Nashik.
- The entire cost of the project has been pegged at Rs 16,039 Crore (including taxes) on Debt:Equity of 60:40 basis; wherein Government of Maharashtra and Ministry of Railway shall contribute equity of 20% each of the project cost.
- While remaining 60% will be raised from the Domestic Financial Institution.
- MahaRail has estimated to complete the project in 1200 days from the date of its financial closure.