The Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (MRIDC) has invited e-bids in two packet system from eligible tenderers for “Construction of Railway Station Buildings, Platform & Platform shelter, Foot over Bridges, Station Circulating Areas, Railway Staff Quarters at various stations, other utility structures such as Traction Sub-Station Room, Tower Wagon Sheds, OHE Depot Building etc. pertaining to all kinds of Civil and General electrical works in connection with Itwari-Nagbhir Gauge Conversion project”.
- Tender No.: MRIDC/e-TENDER/PROJECT/2021/86
- Estimated cost of the work: Rs. 1,52,66,82,569 /-
- Earnest Money Deposit: Rs. 77,83,413 /-
- Completion period: 360 days.
Maharashtra Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (MRIDC), is a joint venture company of Govt. of Maharashtra and Ministry of Railways for implementation of various Railway Projects in the territory of Maharashtra.
The aim of the company is to provide a boost to the Rail Infrastructure projects in and around Maharashtra State. There are several projects of new Railway Lines, Gauge conversion and doubling, waiting for implementation. The aim of the company is to take a leap forward in implementing railway related infra projects.
Financial Eligibility Criteria:
Contractual Payment Received:
- The Bidder must have received contractual payments in the previous three financial years and the current financial year up to the end of the previous month in which tender is invited, at least 150% of the advertised value of the tender. The Bidders shall submit Certificates to this effect which may be an attested Certificate from the concerned department / client, Audited Balance Sheet duly certified by the Chartered Accountant.
- In case of JV Firm, either the JV firm or lead member of the JV firm must satisfy the Financial Eligibility Criteria defined above and financial turnover of each other partner of JV (Excluding lead member) shall not be less than 10% of the financial eligibility as specified above.
- The Bidders must have available bid capacity equal to or more than the total bid value of the present tender. The available bid capacity shall be calculated as under: Available Bid Capacity = [A x N x 2] – B
- A = Maximum value of Civil construction works executed and payment received in any one financial year i.e. Current Financial Year & during the last three financial years immediately preceding the current financial year (current financial year ending last date of the month previous to the month in which tender is invited) taking into account the completed as well as work in progress.
- N= Number of years prescribed for completion of work for which bids have been invited. If it is mentioned in the number of days, in that case “N” will be calculated as the number of days divided by 365 days.
- B = Value of existing commitments and balance amount of ongoing works with the Bidder to be completed in next ‘N’ years. Proportionate value will be taken if the work falls during the different financial year.
- The Bidder(s) shall furnish the details of existing commitments and balance amount of ongoing works with bidder as per the prescribed proforma of MRIDC for statement of all works in progress and the works which are awarded to bidder but not yet started up to the last date of the month previous to the month in which tender is invited. In case of no works in hand, a ‘NIL’ statement should be furnished. This statement should be submitted duly verified by a Chartered Accountant.
- The Value of Balance work will be linearly distributed to compute the value of work to be executed during the period “N” years.
- In case of JV, the Bidder(s) must furnish the details of existing commitments and balance amount of ongoing works with each member of JV as per the prescribed proforma of MRIDC for statement of all works in progress and the works which are awarded to bidder but yet not started up to the date of last date of the month previous to the month in which tender is invited. In case of no works in hand, a ‘NIL’ statement should be furnished. This statement should be submitted duly verified by Chartered Accountant.
- Value of a completed work/work in progress/work awarded but yet not started for a Member in an earlier JV shall be reckoned only to the extent of the concerned member’s share in that JV for the purpose of satisfying his/her compliance to the above-mentioned technical eligibility criteria in the tender under consideration.
- The arithmetic sum of individual “bid capacity” of all the members shall be taken as JV’s “bid capacity”.
- In case, the Bidder/s failed to submit the above statement along with offer, their/his offer shall be considered as incomplete and will be liable to be rejected.
- The available bid capacity of Bidder shall be assessed based on the details submitted by the bidder. The Bidder shall calculate the value of work commitments in hand linearly, as given in Clause (b) above. However, if the details submitted is not according to linear calculation for work in hand, MRIDC will recalculate the same for the working out the value of Bid Capacity of the Bidder, and the same shall be acceptable and binding to the Bidder. In case, the available Bid Capacity is lesser than estimated cost of work put to tender, his offer shall not be considered even if he has been found eligible in other eligibility criteria as per the tender requirement.
- Even though the bidders meet the above qualifying criteria, they are subjected to be disqualified if they have made misleading or false representation in the forms statement and attachments submitted as proof of the qualification requirements and / or record of post-performance such as abandoning the works, not properly completing the contract, inordinate delays in completion litigation history or financial failures etc.
- In case, if the certificates regarding eligibility criteria submitted by the Firm / Agency is found to be forged / false or incorrect at any time during the process of evaluation of Bids, it shall lead to forfeiture of the Bid EMD besides banning of business for five years.
- In case, if the certificates submitted by Firm /Agency is found to be false / forged or incorrect at any time after the award of contract, it will lead to termination of the contract, along with forfeiture of EMD/SD and Performance Guarantee besides any other action provided in the contract including banning of business for five years.
Notice inviting tender (NIT) and Eligibility and qualification criteria (EQC) can be downloaded from MRIDC’S official website www.maharail.com and e-bidding portal www.tenderwizard.com/MAHARAIL. However, bidder may refer for detailed terms and conditions of the bidding documents, available online at https://www.tenderwizard.com/MAHARAIL.
Source: MRIDC-Tender | Image Credit: MRIDC