Mrs. Aruna Singh presently working as Additional Member (Telecom) /Railway Board took over additional charge of the post of Chairman & Managing Director of RailTel Corporation of India Limited (RCIL) on 11th May, 2022.
During her distinguished career, her thrust has been on proper planning & timely execution of projects. During her tenure in S&T Department, she had commissioned works of Route relay interlocking, microwave and optical fibre network on Northern Railway & setting up erstwhile security helpline “182” for Indian Railways. Her contribution in “green initiatives” like rejuvenation of vintage open wells & water conservation measures on South Central Railway won ‘Minister of Railways special award’.
- Mrs. Aruna Singh is an officer of 1985 batch of Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers (IRSSE) and a Graduate in Electronics and Telecommunication from Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi.
- Starting her career from Northern Railway zone, she has held many important assignments in different zones & wings of Indian Railways like Chief Workshop Manager (CWM),Ghaziabad; Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), Hyderabad Division, South Central Railway; Chief Signal & Telecom Engineer (CSTE)/(Project) & Chief Communication Engineer, Northern Railway; Principal Chief Safety Officer, North Western Railway; Additional General Manager (AGM)/North Western Railway & Executive Director (ED)/Railway Electrification /(S&T) in Railway Board.
- She attended many training programes /Courses in India & Abroad during her career which includes professional courses from Indian Railways Institute of Signal Engineering and Telecommunications, (IRISET) Secunderabad, Public Policy Diploma from Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi, Strategic Management courses from Shanghai and Paris and Management Strategies course from Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
In a meeting held with senior officials of RailTel, the new CMD of RCIL, Mrs. Aruna Singh said, “RailTel has been doing really well business wise and I am confident that this team will be able to continue the momentum with the ‘customer first’ approach. Our timely delivery of services and execution of projects will strengthen RCIL’s brand name amongst major telecom /ICT players of India. RCIL will continue to be in the forefront of Digital Transformation taking place in the country. Our timely delivery of services and execution of projects will strengthen RailTel’s brand name amongst major telecom /ICT players of India.”
- RailTel, a “Mini Ratna (Category-I)” Central Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways, is one of the largest neutral telecom infrastructure providers in the country owning a Pan-India optic fiber network covering several towns & cities and rural areas of the country.
- Along with a strong a reliable network of 61000+ RKM of Optic fibre, RailTel has two MeitY empaneled tier III data centers as well. With its Pan India high-capacity network, RailTel is working towards creating a knowledge society at various fronts and has been selected for implementation of various mission-mode projects for the Government of India in the telecom field.
- RailTel offers a bundle of services like, MPLSVPN, Telepresence, leased line, Tower Co-location, Data center services etc. RailTel is also working with the Indian Railways to transform railway stations into digital hub by providing public Wi-Fi at railway stations across the country and 6100+ stations are live with RailTel’s RailWire Wi-Fi.
Source: RailTel- Press Release