The Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd. (MRVC) has invited Expression of Interest (EoI) for Selection of Agency for implementation of communication strategy for MUTP – III projects.
- Tender No.: MRVC/TA/129
- Duration of consultancy services: 02 years
- Tender Submission Start Date: 08-06-2021 from 13:00 hrs.
- Tender Submission End Date: 28-06-2021 Up to 15:00 hrs.
- Tender Bid Open Date: 28-06-2021 at 15:30 hrs.
The Government of India has received financing from Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) toward the cost of the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP) – III(MUTP-III) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
About the Project:
- MRVC is implementing the MUTP-III project.
- It comprises two alignments:-
- Panvel–Karjat double line suburban corridor (30 Rkm)
- Quadrupling of Virar-Dahanu Road Rail corridor (63 Rkm)
- The project is financed by AIIB.
- As per the requirement of AIIB’s Environmental and Social Policy, MRVC has carried outdue Environment Impact Assessment and Social Impact Assessment separately for both corridors, followed by extensive public consultations to disseminate the findings of the Impact Assessments.
- In the Panvel-Karjat alignment, 12 consultations were held, including three consultations for women.
- In Virar–Dahanu section, six consultation sessions were held.
Objectives And Outcomes of the Contract:
- The agency’s main objective is to disseminate information, raise awareness and understanding regarding the MUTP III project and the work undertaken by MRVC among various categories of stakeholders. Moreover the focus of the communication strategy will be limited to the immediate footprint of the project. The various types of stakeholders include:-
- Local households and communities
- Local institutions and governance structures
- Government officials from line departments
- Contractors and workers
- Specifically, the following are the objectives of the agency’s service:
- Raise awareness regarding the salient features and scope of the project.
- Disseminate information regarding the positive effects of the project on the local community.
- Promote knowledge of the stakeholders regarding the impacts generated by the project on the communities residing within the project’s footprint and mitigation measures designed by MRVC.
- Publicize the Grievance Redress Mechanism of the MUTP III project and improve the understanding among stakeholders regarding the operational aspects of the GRM.
- The key outcomes expected from meeting the objectives of the contract include:
- The community has improved its understanding of the MUTP III project and its benefits
- The community has improved its understanding of the MUTP III project’s impacts and mitigation measures
- The community has improved its understanding of the Grievance Redress Mechanism
- Improved functioning of the GRM manifested through the prompt resolution of community concerns and effective documentation.
- The community has improved understanding regarding MRVCs institutional profile.
Scope of Services:
To meet the objectives of the contract service, the following tasks need to be performed by the hired agency:
- Task 1: Identification of Stakeholders
- Task 2: Developing the content of the messages
- Task 3: Determination of the different media channels to disseminate information effectively
- Task 4: Press and Media Release
- Task 5: Designing, printing posters, materials,and other related materials
- Task 6: Process Documentation and Annual Rapid Assessments of the implementation of the communication strategy
- Task 7: Prepare cost estimates for the campaign
The draft Terms of Reference (Draft ToR) is available at MRVC website www.mrvc.indianrailways.gov.in .
Source: MRVC Tender | Image Credit (representational): Western Railway