Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd. (MRVC), a Public Sector Undertaking of Government of India under Ministry of Railways (MOR) incorporated under Companies Act 1956, invites E- bids for Construction of station buildings, service buildings, new platforms, new FOBs, staff quarters, Tower wagon shed; Extension of existing platforms, existing FOBs, bridges; earthwork for railway formation; and dismantling of existing structures at various stations in connection with Quadrupling of Virar-Dahanu road of balance 2 LOTs.
- Tender Reference Number: MRVC/W/104/R1
- Name of Work: Construction of station buildings, service buildings, new platforms, new FOBs, staff quarters, Tower wagon shed; Extension of existing platforms, existing FOBs, bridges; earthwork for railway formation; and dismantling of existing structures at various stations in connection with Quadrupling of Virar-Dahanu road of balance 2 LOTs.
- Completion Period: 1004 Days
- EMD: INR 02 Crore
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 07th October, 2022
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 25th November, 2022
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 18th October, 2022
- Bid Submission Start Date: 18 November, 2022
- Bid Submission End Date: 25th November, 2022
- Bid Opening Date: 25th November, 2022
- Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation (MRVC) Ltd. an implementing agency now invites online Tenders from eligible Tenderers for Construction of Station buildings, service buildings, New Platforms, New FOBs, Staff quarters, Tower wagon shed; Extension of existing platforms, existing FOBs, bridges; earthwork for Railway formation; and dismantling of existing structures at various stations in connection with Quadrupling of Virar-Dahanu Road through balance 2 LOTs as detailed below.
|LOT No.||Name of The Work & RFT No.||Completion Period|
|LOT-II||All Proposed structures in the section between Vaitarana (Excluding) – Palghar (Including) Stations RFT No. MRVC/W/104/R1/LOT II||33 Months|
|LOT-III||All Proposed structures in the section between Palghar (Excluding) – Dahanu Road (Including) Stations RFT No. MRVC/W/104/R1/LOT III||33 Months|
- Tenderers may bid for any one lot or both lots as per their choice as further defined in the tender document. Tenderers wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so, provided those discounts are included in the Letter of Tender – Financial Part.
- To be eligible for an award of contract for more than one lot, the tenderer is required to meet the sum of the qualification requirement of both lots. The decision to consider a tender for award of a particular lot or both lots as per their eligibility will be of the employer based on overall financial advantage to the employer (Lowest cost to the employer).
- However, Tenderers should mention order of preference of individual lots, for due consideration by employer during tender evaluation.
Scope of Works:
- Construction of Station buildings, service buildings, New Platforms, New FOBs, Staff quarters, Tower wagon shed; Extension of existing platforms, existing FOBs, bridges; earthwork for Railway formation; and dismantling of existing structures at various stations in connection with Quadrupling of Virar-Dahanu Road of balance 2 LOTs.
- LOT- II All Proposed structures in the section between Vaitarana (Excluding) – Palghar (Including) Stations.
- LOT – III All Proposed structures in the section between Palghar (Excluding) – Dahanu Road (Including) Stations.
- Western Railway is running suburban services on the existing busy double line between Virar-Dahanu Road which is a part of main line Mumbai –Ahmedabad /Delhi route. Main line is already over-saturated and there is no scope for supplementing suburban services on this line. Construction of an additional double line between Virar-Dahanu Road will address the demand of commuters in this region.
- This will provide extension of suburban services from Churchgate to Dahanu Road. Proposed tracks of Quadrupling of Virar – Dahanu Road projects are planned on the west of the existing corridor from Ch. 6500 to Ch. 62000 considering DFCCIL alignment on the East side of existing Corridor.
- MUTP III is funded by the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). The pre-feasibility study for all the components of MUTP III has been carried out by MRVC and the study reports are available on MRVC Website.
- Detailed designs and drawings (Good for construction drawings) consultancy for all the Bridges and Structures including buildings and other Civil Engineering components to be provided to execution work contractors for the above projects, including association during entire project execution (project management of designs) have also been awarded.
- The Work on the Quadrupling of Virar – Dahanu Road section is to be constructed as an electrified (2 x 25kV AC- 50 Hz) double line track, capable of operating at a maximum train speed of 160km/h. All the bridges, culverts and the entire embankment and cutting shall be constructed for “25 MT loading (25 tonnes axle load)”. The details of the Work required to be executed in this tender are defined in the ensuing paragraph in “Scope of Works”.
- Contractor to submit a detailed method statement to MRVC for approval for each key activity before commencement of the work. Some of the key activities are mentioned below:
- Casting of foundation.
- Erection of column.
- Launching of steel girders.
- Painting of steel girders.
- Protection of existing track & formation.
- Provision of barricading.
- Shoring arrangements for excavation.
- Casting of foundation, pier, pier caps, abutment, dirt wall, etc for bridges.
- Casting of Toe wall, guide wall & retaining wall.
- Casting of open foundation
- Casting of PSC slabs, Ballast retainer, footpath slab, precast cable duct cover, deck slab, diaphragm & ballast wall etc.
- Launching of PSC slabs, Ballast retainer, footpath slab & precast cable duct cover.
- Stressing of HTS cables for PSC slabs.
- Earthwork in embankment,
- Installation of geogrid,
- Provision of blanketing layer
- Provision of concrete block pitching along with steps,
- Casting of longitudinal drain,
- Tree plantation & turfing.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Obtaining administrative approval from tree authority for the cutting/transplanting of trees coming in the way of proposed work including preparation of drawing showing the details of trees, processing for the sanction, removal and transplantation of all size of trees at the specified place, felling of trees of girth (measured at a height of 1m above ground level) including lead and stacking of material with all lead and lift till the final completion of work.
- Site clearance i.e. removal of any infringement in connection to start the work.
- Providing Furnitures as per the details mentioned Work’s Requirement of Tender Documents till the final completion of work.
- Providing fully furnished air conditioned porta cabins of minimum size 6.1m x 2.4m with partition & urinal facility, fully wired one Table with Chair, two Visitor chairs, Amirah, one side table, AC, computer, printer, WIFI router etc. till the final completion of work for the use of the MRVC/PMC officials. Scope also includes daily maintenance of cabins and all consumable, guarding of cabins etc. complete.
- After completion of the work, the porta cabin with its furniture will be the property of the contractor. Payment for the same will be made under relevant item in the schedule A. Porta cabins for contractor’s staff is to be arranged by the contractor and is not payable.
- The Contractor shall ensure that, Material source and material are approved by the Engineer-in-charge before commencement of work.
- Above brands are for guidance only and the employer reserves the rights to select any other equivalent brand.
- The specifications indicated are minimum requirements only. The contractor should supply, erect and commission the equipment/ system according to latest editions of IEC and IS Standards.
- Bill of Quantity, tender drawings and specifications are complementary to each other. However in case of conflict, the order in which they will be interpreted is Bill of quantity, tender drawings and Specification.
- Nominal surface/temperature reinforcement shall be provided, in the plain/mass concrete in the sub-structures of bridges such as abutment, piers, face walls, return walls etc.
- There is limited working space; therefore the tenderer is requested to visit the site to explore the possibility of making sufficient area for stacking materials.
- The activities planned in traffic blocks shall be completed well within traffic block duration only.
- No payment will be made for underutilisation of overheads, labour, machinery etc. on any account.
- MRVC by experience has observed that shuttering material becomes a bottleneck in achieving desired progress. Contractor shall, therefore, make note of this and accordingly make arrangement for required shuttering material for enabling smooth and speedy execution of work.
- Contractor has to arrange new shuttering material i.e. shuttering plates either MS or laminated plywood for execution of this work. Shuttering shall be properly designed and fabricated in the workshop. Supporting props shall be preferably of steel tubular pipes with screw jack type arrangement.
- However, wooden props in good condition may be accepted in exceptional cases. Contractor has to arrange sufficient shuttering material (plates, props etc.). Shuttering/Formwork shall be strong enough to be suitable for pump concreting.
- It is also experienced that curing of concrete is a very important aspect for the quality of concrete. However, it is neglected or left on unskilled labour. Therefore, contractors shall arrange sprinkling or drip type arrangements for curing at each bridge site to achieve complete 24 hours wet curing of concrete for at least 14 days after casting. Approved quality effective Curing compound can also be used for curing of vertical surfaces such as bridge piers.
- Minimum Testing frequency of various materials is given in technical specification. Tenderer/ contractor to note that testing cost for less number of tests for any material than minimum prescribed will be recovered at the market rate from the payment of the contractor .MRVC’s decision in this regard will be final and binding on the contractor.
The draft Terms of Reference (Draft ToR) is available at MRVC website www.mrvc.indianrailways.gov.in
Source: MRVC -Tender | Image Credit (representational): MRVC
Be the first to comment