Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Ltd. (MRVC), under Ministry of Railways (MOR), invites E- bids for Procurement of escalators and elevators (design, manufacturing, supply, multiple loading/unloading, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance during warranty period) at various locations/stations of Central and Western Railway.
- Tender Reference Number: MRVC/G/201
- Name of Work: Procurement of escalators and elevators (design, manufacturing, supply, multiple loading/unloading, installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance during warranty period) at various locations/stations of Central and Western Railway.
- Completion Period: 550 Days
- EMD: INR 10,98,000 Lakh
- Document Download / Sale Start Date: 13th March, 2023
- Document Download / Sale End Date: 27th April, 2023
- Pre Bid Meeting Date: 23rd March, 2023
- Bid Submission Start Date: 17th April, 2023
- Bid Submission End Date: 27th April, 2023
- Bid Opening Date: 27th April, 2023
- The Government of India has applied for financing from the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) toward the cost of the Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP- 3A) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Procurement of escalators and elevators (Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Multiple loading/ unloading, Installation, Testing, Commissioning and maintenance during warranty period) at various locations/stations of Central and Western Railway.
- Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation (MRVC) Ltd. animplementing agency now invites online bids from eligible bidders for Procurement of escalators and elevators (Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Multiple loading/ unloading, Installation, Testing, Commissioning and maintenance during warranty period) at various locations/stations of Central and Western Railwaywith stipulated completion period of the work 18 months as detailed in the Table below.
- Bidders are advised to note the clauses on eligibility (Section I Clause 4) and minimum qualification criteria (Section III – Evaluation and Qualification Criteria), to qualify for the award of the contract.
- In addition, please refer to paragraphs 4.4 of the “Interim Operational Directive on Procurement Instructions for Recipients” setting forth Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Scope of Work:
- The contractor shall be responsible to keep all the escalators/elevators along with all connected ancillary equipment/apparatus/ machines in perfect working condition, on any day during the tenure of the contract (except the period of programmed shut down).
- In case, any escalator/elevator is out of order, for failure/breakdown of the escalator/elevator or of any other related/ancillary equipment/apparatus/machines, the escalator/elevator shall be attended immediately.
For LOT-I Escalators:
- The contractor should carry out the maintenance of the escalators as per RDSO spec. No. RDSO/PE/SPEC/TL/0095(REV’3’)- 2019 or latest as on bid opening date.
For LOT-II Elevators:
- The contractor should carry out the maintenance of the elevators as per OEM’s manual and Clause no 4 of annex B1.the maintenance periodicity is to be jointly finalized with Railways.
- The bidder shall quote for the Comprehensive Maintenance Contract (CMC) accordingly. The CMC shall be comprehensive in nature wherein preventive as well as breakdown maintenance of the equipment covered under this contract to be attended inclusive of spares, tools, material and labour costs. All consumables shall form a part of the scope of comprehensive CMC.
- The contractor shall provide all spares, special tools and test equipment to facilitate the maintenance, repair and overhaul of the escalators/elevators effectively and efficiently while ensuring their performance to a high standard of safety and reliability consistent with the requirements as detailed in the specification.
- The details of CMC services and Maintenance Schedules such as Daily/Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Half yearly & Yearly shall be submitted by the bidder as per Maintenance Schedule recommended by Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for the equipment supplied.
- The details of preventive maintenance services shall be worked out as per maintenance schedules included in the maintenance manuals for the systems and equipment supplied by the contractor.
- The periodicity of preventive maintenance schedule and activity to be performed will be reviewed from time to time and will be changed i,e, increased or decreased based on the experience gained and failures of equipment.
- The daily/ weekly/ monthly cleaning of the car inside will be the responsibility of the Railways as the case may be, however the contractor will ensure the cleanliness of combustible product inside the shaft and pit after the scheduled/ breakdown maintenance.
- Zonal Railway Headquarter/Division will enter into the CMC subsidiary agreement, after completion of the Warranty period.
Place of Work:
- Escalators i.e. LOT-I and Elevators i.e. LOT-II are proposed to be based at Mumbai suburban section of Central Railway and Mumbai suburban section of Western Railway.
- The contractor shall arrange required men and material, during the currency of the contract, at the designated locations of Mumbai suburban section of Central Railway and Mumbai suburban section of Western Railway within 2 weeks after start of the CMC contract.
- The maintenance/break down repair shall normally be carried out by the contractor through its nominated service engineers only.
- The Supplier and its Subcontractors shall have the nationality of an eligible country. A Supplier or Subcontractor shall be deemed to have the nationality of a country if it is a citizen or constituted, incorporated, or registered, and operates in conformity with the provisions of the laws of that country.
- All Goods and Related Services to be supplied under the Contract and financed by the Bank shall have their origin in Eligible Countries.
- For the purpose of this Clause, origin means the country where the goods have been grown, mined, cultivated, produced, manufactured, or processed; or through manufacture, processing, or assembly, another commercially recognized article results that differ substantially in its basic characteristics from its components.
- The Schedule of Requirements shall be included in the bidding documents by the Purchaser, and shall cover, at a minimum, a description of the goods and services to be supplied and the delivery schedule.
- The objective of the Schedule of Requirements is to provide sufficient information to enable bidders to prepare their bids efficiently and accurately, in particular, the Price Schedule, for which forms are provided in Section IV.
- In addition, the Schedule of Requirements, together with the Price Schedule, should serve as a basis in the event of quantity variation at the time of award of contract pursuant to ITB 41.
- The date or period for delivery should be carefully specified, taking into account (a) the implications of delivery terms stipulated in the Instructions to Bidders pursuant to the Incoterms rules (i.e., EXW, or CIP, FOB, FCA terms—that “delivery” takes place when goods are delivered to the carriers), and (b) the date prescribed herein from which the Purchaser’s delivery obligations start (i.e., notice of award, contract signature, opening or confirmation of the letter of credit).
- Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation Limited (MRVC Ltd.), a Public Sector Undertaking of Govt. of India under Ministry of Railways (MoR) was incorporated under Companies Act, 1956 on 12th July 1999 with an equity capital of Rs. 25 crore shared in the ratio of 51:49 between Ministry of Railways and Government of Maharashtra.
- MRVC is involved in executing the suburban rail improvement projects under Mumbai Urban Transport Project (MUTP) as sanctioned by the Ministry of Railways for enhancing suburban rail transportation capacity thereby reducing the overcrowding and meeting future traffic requirements.
- The corporation is also involved in the planning and development of Mumbai Suburban Rail system.
The draft Terms of Reference (Draft ToR) is available at MRVC website www.mrvc.indianrailways.gov.in
Source: MRVC- Tender | Image Credit (representational): MoR