National High Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) opened Technical bids on 19/02/2021. Total 9 bidders have participated in the process. Next stage is to evaluate submitted technical bids before opening financial bids for the successful technical bidders.
Name of 9 bidders are:
- URC Construction (P) Ltd.
- M. S. Khurana Engineering Ltd.
- Montecarlo Limited
- KEC International Limited
- Patel Infrastructure Limited
- SCC-VRS (JV)
- Ranjit Buildcon Limited
- ISGEC Heavy Engineering Ltd.
- Dineshchandra R. Agrawal Infracon Pvt. Ltd.
- Package No.: MAHSR-C-8
- Name of work: Design and Construction of Civil and Building Works for the Depot on Design Build Lump Sum Price Basis for Double Line High Speed Railway involving works for Site Formation, Abutment, Retaining Walls, Roadbed for track, Box Culvert, Roads, Cable Duct, Foundations of OHE Masts, Piping, Drainage, Water Supply, Water Harvesting, Fire Fighting, Landscaping, Boundary Wall, General Inspection Train Shed, Maintenance Depot and other Associated works At Sabarmati between MAHSR Km. 507.599 and MAHSR Km. 509.726 in the State of Gujarat for the Project for Construction of Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail.
In October last year, the NHSRCL) invited bidders for Package No.: MAHSR-C-8.
- Sabarmati maintenance depot will be the largest depot among three depots planned for MAHSR corridor. Other depots will be at Surat (Gujarat) and Thane (Maharashtra).
- This tender includes road works, Sewage and drainage works, Earth work, Construction of reservoirs for storage of rooftop rain water and storm water, underground storage tanks, sheds for parking of the General Inspection train (GIT) and Inspection cars for track and other civil works at the site marked for the Sabarmati Depot.
- The Sabarmati Depot will cover an area of approximately 84 Ha and will be utilized for inspection, maintenance, cleaning and parking of MAHSR trainsets.
- Trainset washing facilities shall also be located in the Depot.
More details about the tender can be found at NHSRCL Website & CPP Portal.
Sabarmati being the terminal station of the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Rail Corridor, NHSRCL has planned to develop it as a vibrant Multimodal Transport Hub in the region.
- To achieve seamless integration of various transport modes around the HSR station, a multi-modal transit terminal has been planned on the East side of Sabarmati HSR station which shall ensure smooth traffic flow in the influence area of HSR station.
- The Multi Modal Integration schemes focus on integration of existing and planned transit facilities in the station area.
- The available Right of Way (RoW) along existing road network has been optimally utilized for planning the inflow/outflow of estimated traffic in horizon years.
- A new Road Under Bridge (RUB) has already been constructed to provide direct entry to proposed site of Sabarmati HSR station.
- This will facilitate station construction without interference with existing railway network on day to day basis.
Source: NHSRCL-Tender update | Image Credit (representational): NHSRCL