- The Shunter is the first procurement for MMRC Car Depot.
- This Shunter successfully formed and pulled first eight cars train at the temporary facilities-Train delivery and testing track area-in Sariput Nagar, Aarey.
- This small wonder has a carrying capacity of 350 tons and with a fully charged battery capacity it can shunt 8 cars and train up to 9 kms.
- It has the capacity of producing a continuous drawbar pull of 50 kilo Newtons.
- This Shunter was tested successfully with its automatic coupler as well as semi permanent coupler adaptor, both used for connecting metro cars.
- The Shunter is completely manufactured by a Thane based company M/s Renmakch India Pvt.Ltd. as a part of “Make-In-India” policy under a joint venture and Transfer of Technology (TOT) agreement with NITEQ of Netherlands.
Source: MMRC -Press Release