The Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) has completed the construction of station box of Vidhan Bhawan station (Package-1) on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor. The construction includes all four slabs – base slab, concourse slab, mezzanine slab and roof slab.The first of the stations that completed such construction was MIDC station (Package-7).
“Vidhan Bhawan will be one such station on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor that will witness heavy footfalls of office goers as it provides connectivity to New Administrative building, Vidhan Bhawan and Mantralaya’’, said Mr. Ranjit Singh Deol, Managing Director, MMRC.
- Vidhan Bhawan station is being constructed by employing the Cut-and-Cover method.
- It will have seven Entry-Exit points.
- The station is expected to see footfalls of more than 75,000 up-and-down commuters.
- The overall progress of Vidhan Bhawan station is 75.45%.
- The construction work of other stations of Package-1 including Hutatma Chowk, Churchgate and Cuffe Parade is also in full swing.
Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation (MMRC) on 19.08.2020 completed a 1.5-km long tunnel beneath Mithi River. The Terratec-made Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) Godavari-4 completed the upline stretch of 1.5-km from BKC to Dharavi.
- Godavari-4, was commissioned on August 21, 2019 from BKC launching shaft and shaped the tunnel with 1,043 RCC rings up to Dharavi.
- This was the 29th breakthrough on the Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ Metro-3 corridor.
- Earlier in March this year, Godavari-3 had completed the downline tunnel of 1.5-km from BKC to Dharavi.
- Out of the total 3-km (Up and Downline) stretch from BKC to Dharavi, 484-meter tunnel lies below the active Mithi river channel.
- Package-5 which consists of Dharavi, BKC, Vidyanagari and Santacruz stations has completed the entire tunnelling of 8-km.
Source: MMRC-Press Release